MBBS, BDS Counselling 2020: MCC spells out documentation for Change In Nationality Of Indian To NRI Candidates
New Delhi: Through a recent notification, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has informed the candidates who want to get their nationality converted from Indian to NRI about the documentation submission with respect to NEET Counselling 2020 for admissions to MBBS and BDS courses this academic year 2020-21.
Along with specifying the documentation for the concerned candidates, the MCC has informed about the deadline by which these need to be submitted to the authority.
All the concerned candidates under NRI quota are requested to view with below-mentioned details of the said notice as uploaded on the official website of MCC:
It is for the information to all the candidates that those who are claiming to be NRI as per the directions/orders of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the case (W.P. (C) No.689/2017- Consortium of Deemed universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Anr. Vs. Union Of India & Ors.) dated 22-08-2017 (Copy enclosed), such candidates should send their relevant documents as mentioned below, in support of their claim of change of nationality from Indian/Other to NRI through e-mail email@example.com from 05:00 PM of 7th DEC, 2020 (Monday) till 09:00 AM of 09th DEC, 2020 (Wednesday).
All such candidates are advised to be in touch with the mcc.nic.in website for further course of action. Mails received before/ after the stipulated time will not be considered. Candidates are advised to send all documents enclosed in single mail only within stipulated time.
The following conditions are required to be met by the candidates applying for change of their category (Indian/Others to NRI):-
1. As per the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the case (W.P. (C) No.689/2017- Consortium of Deemed universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Anr. Vs. Union Of India & Ors.) dated 22-08-2017 and principles set out in Anshul Tomar (supra) case.
The list of documents to be sent through e-mail are as follows:-
1) Documents claiming that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer).
2) Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08- 2017.
3) Affidavit from the sponsorer that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate duly notarized.
4) Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
5) NEET Score Card of the candidate.
To view official notice, click on the following link: