MD, MS Counselling 2020: JIPMER releases Provisional seat allotment for Round 2, Details
Puducherry: The premier Jawaharlal Institute of Medical education and research (JIPMER) has recently released the details of Provisional seat allotment for second round online counselling.
The final seat allotment for Second online counselling MD/MS July 2020 session has been published based on the preferences given by the candidates in the Online counselling application as per the roster point reservation. These seats are allotted in 3 rounds under Second Online counselling for 58 vacant seats and the seats that subsequently fell vacant after up-gradation.
Schedule for Second Round of Online Counselling - MD/MS Courses — July 2020 Session
Login with Credentials (All Eligible Candidates for second counseling)
Submit Willingness for second round of counseling
Final Allotment of Seats of second round of counseling
On or before 03-09-2020
Confirmation of Allotted seats by the Candidates
On or before 03-09-2020
06-09- 120 — Till 05.0 0 PM
Payment of Admission fees / Security deposit
Download Allotment Letter
Report to JIPMER with Allotment letter and original documents for Admission
Batch Distribution for Second Round Counselling
First Batch : 11-09-2020 (Friday)
Quarantine Process in JIPMER
NOTE : Batches of 30 students each will be called for Second Round of Counselling
To view official notice, click on the following link:
The following candidates will be eligible to participate in Second Online counselling for seat allocation:
1. Only candidates who have opted for OPTION 2 (ACCEPTED the allotted seat and WISH TO PARTICIPATE in the Second online counselling) in the first round of online seat allocation.
2. All the candidates who were eligible to participate but were not allocated a seat in the First round of online seat allocation as per their filled choices.
II. Not Eligible:
1. All those candidates who did not participate in the first round of online counseling.
2. All those candidates who were allotted a seat in the First round of counselling but DID NOT choose any option, that is OPTION 1 and 2.
3. All those candidates who were allotted a seat and chose OPTION 1 or 2 but did not complete necessary formalities of payment of fees and security deposit by 10th August 2020, 5:00 PM.
4. All those candidates who were allotted a seat and chose OPTION 1 or 2, completed necessary formalities by 10th August 2020, 5:00 PM but DID NOT report to JIPMER for admission, UNLESS given special permission from JIPMER pertaining to their health issues.
1. Login through the portal: The eligible candidates will have to register (submit their willingness for Second counseling) themselves for postgraduate Second online counseling/seat allocation through the portal on JIPMER Website. The link for the portal will be activated only for eligible candidates from 26 August 2020 10:00 AM to 27 August 05:00 PM. The candidates should LOG IN using the credentials that they have used for filling the application form for the July session MD/MS entrance examination.
2. If a candidate fails to login and register within the specified time period, he/she will NOT be considered for Second and subsequent rounds of counseling. Also, it is NOT possible to change the preferences that the candidate had chosen in the First round of counseling under any circumstances.
3. Second Online Counselling/ Seat allocation: The seat allocation will be done as per the schedule specified in the Important Dates link in the order of category-based merit, roster point reservation and according to the original preferences given by the candidates before the First round of counseling. The available seat of the highest preferred discipline will be allotted to the candidate as per category based merit list and Roster Point reservation.
4. Exercising Option: All the candidates who have been allocated seats in the Second Counselling are required to login to the postgraduate Second online counseling/Seat allocation portal and actively choose one of the following options within the date and time specified in the Important Dates link:
OPTION 1: ACCEPT the allotted seat and Do not wish to participate in the further rounds of seat allocation
OPTION 2: ACCEPT the allotted seat and wish to participate in third Online counseling/seat allocation.
(If you choose OPTION 2 and participate in the Third round of counseling , and if the upgraded seat is allocated as per your preference in the third round, then you will have to join the upgraded seat and vacate the seat taken up in the Second counseling . The vacated seat shall be automatically allotted to other candidates in the order of merit. Failure to join the upgraded seat in the third counseling/seat allocation shall lead to imposition of Rs. 50,000).
An option to REFUSE the allocated seats in NOT available.
If a candidate fails to login and choose any of the options detailed above within the specified date and time, then it will lead to forfeiture of the allocated seat and render the candidate INELIGIBLE for third and subsequent rounds of online counseling/Seat allocation.
5. Payment of fees and security deposit: All the candidates who are allocated seats and have exercised OPTION 1 and 2 are required to make an online payment of admission fees Rs 17,960 and a security deposit Rs. 50,000 within the date and time specified in the Important dates link(not applicable for candidates who have already paid in First counseling). Failure to make the payment of fee and security deposit or reporting to JIPMER for admission directly within the stipulated date and time will result in forfeiture of the allotted seat and render the candidate INELIGIBLE for the next round of counseling.
6. Reporting to JIPMER for admission: All the candidates who have been allocated seats and have exercised options 1 or 2 will have to report in- person to JIPMER(the Date and time that will be intimated to the candidates after the payment of fees and security deposit ), submit the original certificates and complete the admission procedure. The tentative dates of reporting and joining are mentioned in the Important Dates Link.
7. After seat allocation and exercising options, if a candidate fails complete the due procedure of admission within the time specified in the important dates links, then it will lead to forfeiture of the allotted seat and render the candidate INELIGIBLE for third and subsequent rounds of online seat allocation.
8. Candidates who have availed constitutional/Institutional/OPH horizontal reservations in the Second counseling must submit valid certificates of their claim for the reserved seat at JIPMER while reporting for admission. If they do not submit a valid original certificate, then their claim for the reserved seat allocated in Second counseling will be nullified, and they will be eligible to appear in the third counseling/seat allocation as unreserved(UR) candidates subject to cut off in UR merit list. The OBC/EWS certificate must be valid for admission in Central Government Institution as detailed in the Prospectus.
9. Candidates availing OPH horizontal reservation in the Second counseling must undergo medical examination review by a medical board constituted by the JIPMER. The decision of the JIPMER Medical Board will be final. If they are found to be ineligible for OPH reservation, then their claim for reserved seat allocated in Second counseling will be nullified and they will be eligible to appear in the third counseling as UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWS candidate in their respective category as applicable without OPH reservation provided they are eligible.
10. The schedule of the third round of counseling and seat allocation will be intimated after the completion of the Second round of seat allocation and admissions. Candidates are instructed to check JIPMER website periodically for updates. All disputes pertaining to the conduct of the examination by JIPMER and Online Seat Allocation/Counselling will be subject to the Jurisdiction of Puducherry.