MD, MS Counselling at JIPMER: View Schedule, eligibility criteria, procedure, fee details for open round
Puducherry: The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has released the schedule, procedure, eligibility criteria and fee details for the open round counselling for admissions to MD, MS courses.All the candidates who are vying for admissions to MD, MS at JIPMER are requested to view the belowmentioned etails:Schedule for JIPMER Open Round...
Puducherry: The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has released the schedule, procedure, eligibility criteria and fee details for the open round counselling for admissions to MD, MS courses.
All the candidates who are vying for admissions to MD, MS at JIPMER are requested to view the belowmentioned etails:
Schedule for JIPMER Open Round of Online Counselling - MD/MS Courses — July 2020 Session
Login with Credentials (All Eligible Candidates for open counseling)
Register for open counselling
Selection / re-order of preferences
Uploading of Certificates
Payment of Security Deposit
Preview & Final submission of online counselling application
Announcement of Final Allotment of Seats
On or before 16-10-2020
Confirmation of Allotted seats by the Candidates
On or before 16-10-2020
17-10-2020 — Till 05.00 PM
Payment of Admission fee
Download Allotment Letter
Report to JIPMER with Allotment letter and original documents for Admission
Quarantine Process in JIPMER ( 06 days)
The procedure for OPEN ROUND counselling for MD/MS July 2020 the session will be clOne only through ONLINE mode.
All the eligible candidates as per the Result Notification No. JIP/Dean(A)/EE-JUL2020 published on 27.06.2020 can participate in the online open counselling process, except for the candidates who have been disqualified from the online seat allocation process.
1. Login through portal and registration for open counseling: Each eligible candidate will need to register for online OPEN counseling through the postgraduate entrance examination portal on the JIPMER website. The registration link at the portal will be activated, for only the eligible candidates, from 07th Oct 2020, 09.00 AM. The eligible candidates will be able to login using the credentials that they used for filling the application form for the postgraduate entrance examination for the July 2020 session. After logging in, the candidates should indicate their willingness to participate in the counselling.
2. Uploading certificates: Eligible candidates who have not participated in the previous three sessions of online counseling for the JIPMER MD/MS July 2020 session should upload the soft copies of the relevant certificates as per the instructions provided. Candidates who have already participated in any one of the previous sessions of online counseling do not have to upload the certificates again.
3. Selection/change/reorder of choices/preferences: After uploading the certificates, the candidates can select/reorder the disciplines in the sequence of his/her preference as per the availability of seats. However, candidates can select any of the disciplines published before the first round of online counseling since the vacancy in any discipline may arise before or during the open round of counseling. The preferences should be entered on the portal within the date and time limits specified in the Important Dates link on the JIPMER website.
4. Payment of security deposit fee: All the candidates after filling in the preferences are required to make an online payment of a security deposit of Rs. 50,000 within the date and time specified in the Important Dates Link Registration process for the OPEN ROUND of online counseling will be complete only after the payment of 50,000/- security deposit.
Note: NOT Applicable for candidates who have already joined the Institute/reported and submitted the certificates for admission.
If a candidate fails to login and register/select preferences/pay security deposit 50,000/-within the specified time period, he/she will NOT be considered for an OPEN round of online counseling.
5. Verification of certificates: The uploaded certificates will be verified and in case if a certificate related to constitutional/ horizontal/ institutional reservation is found to be invalid or unsatisfactory, the candidate will be considered only under the unreserved category for the counseling procedures.
6. Open Online Counselling/Seat allocation: The open seat allocation will be done as per the schedule specified in the Important Dates link in the order of category-based merit, roster point reservation and according to the preferences provided by the candidates. The available seat of the highest preferred discipline will be allotted to the candidate as per category based merit list and Roster Point Reservation.
7. Exercising option: All the candidates who have been allocated seats in the open counselling are required to login to the postgraduate OPEN online counseling portal and actively choose one of the following options within the date and time specified in the Important Dates Link.
OPTION 1: ACCEPT the allotted seat
Failure to join the upgraded seat in the OPEN counseling by the candidates who switch over from seat allotted in the previous rounds of counseling shall lead to the imposition of 50,000/-penalty. In addition, already allotted seat will be cancelled and mid-stream departure penalty will be imposed as per rules.
Payment of Admission fee: After the accept the allotted seat option, the admission fee should be paid through online mode
If a candidate fails to login and choose the option detailed above and pay the admission fee within the specified date and time, then it will lead to forfeiture of the allocated seat.
8. Reporting to JIPMER for admission: All the candidates who have been allocated seats and have exercised options 1 will have to report in-person to JIPMER (the date and time will be intimated to the candidates after the payment of fees and security deposit), submit the original certificates and complete the admission procedure. The tentative dates of reporting and joining are mentioned in the Important Dates Link.
9. After allotment/upgraded seat allocation and exercising option 1, if a candidate fails to complete the due procedure of admission within the time specified in the important dates links, then it will lead to forfeiture of the allotted seat.
10. Candidates who have availed constitutional/ Institutional/OPH horizontal reservations in the open counseling must submit valid original certificates of their claim for the reserved seat at the JIPMER while reporting for the admission. If they do not submit a valid original certificate, then their claim for the reserved seat allocated in open counseling will be cancelled. The OBC/EWS certificate must be valid for admission in Central Government Institution as detailed in the Prospectus
11. Candidates availing OPH horizontal reservation in the open counseling must undergo a medical examination review by a medical board constituted by JIPMER. The decision of the JIPMER Medical Board will be final. If they are found to be ineligible for OPH reservation, then their claim for reserved seat allocated in open counselling will be nullified.
12. Refund of the security deposit fee will be done only to candidates who have not been allocated any seats in the open round of counseling and to those candidates who complete the admission procedures after the allocation of seats. Candidates are instructed to check the JIPMER website periodically for updates. All disputes pertaining to the conduct of the examination by JIPMER and Online Counselling will be subject to the Jurisdiction of Puducherry.
To view the official notice, click on the following link:
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at email@example.com.