AIIMS PG July 2020 Round 3 counselling: 219 seats up for grabs, Information brochure released
New Delhi: With the round 2 counselling being over, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has commenced the 3rd Round of Online Seat Allocation (AIIMS Subject/Specialty) for MD/MS/MCh(6 years)/DM(6 years)/MDS, July 2020 Session.
For the 3rd round, 219 PG medical seats are available for grabs for aspirants. The aggregate surfaced from a recent notice uploaded by the institute on its official website regarding the final vacant seat position for 3rd round of counselling [MD/ MS/ MCH(6YEARS)/ DM (6YEARS)/ MDS] January 2020 Session.
According to the seat matrix, the maximum number of PG medical seats is available at AIIMS New Delhi, 51; followed by AIIMS Patna with 41 seats. Third comes AIIMS Bhopal with 27 PG seats. AIIMS branches at Rishikesh and Raipur have 20 and 15 seats available respectively.
While Jodhpur has 26, AIIMS Bhubaneswar has 25 PG medical seats left for the candidates. AIIMS Nagpur is reported to have 14 seats vacant for PG medical candidates.
The details as per the information brochure uploaded by the AIIMS are mentioned below:
Even if the candidate does not wish to change the choices or their order, he/she must login at least once to record their willingness to participate in 3rd Round of online seat allocation from 25.07.2020 (11:00 AM) to 27.07.2020 (5:00 PM) on the portal otherwise candidate will not be considered for 3rd Round of seat allocation.
Please note that the procedures for seat allocation for July 2020 session are different from procedures followed in previous sessions of seat allocation. The differences are again highlighted at the end of the document.
The following candidates will be eligible to participate in 3rd Round of online seat allocation:
1. The candidates who have opted Option-2 (ACCEPT allotted seat and WANT TO PARTICIPATE in 3rd ROUND of Seat Allocation) in 2nd Round of online Seat allocation.
2. All the candidates who were eligible to participate but were not allocated seat in 2nd round of online seat allocation as per their filled choices.
1. All those candidates who did not participate in 1ST OR 2ND round.
2. All those candidates who were allotted seat in the 2nd Round but did not choose any option online to proceed by 21st July, 2020, 5:00 pm.
3. All those candidates who were allotted seats in Round 2 chose Option 1 and completed necessary formalities towards joining the respective institutions by 22nd July, 2020, 5:00 pm.
4. All those candidates who were allotted seats and chose option 1 or 2 but did not complete necessary formalities by 22nd July, 2020, 5:00 pm.
1. The eligible candidates for the 3rd Round will have to login for PG Online Seat Allocation portal [PAAS/PG MedDenJ UL 2020 of AIIMS, New Delhi]. The link for the portal will be activated for eligible candidates in the My Page accessible by logging in using the credential that they have used for filling application form and other processes related to AIIMS PG entrance examination for JULY 2020 session.
2. The PG online seat allocation portal will show the seat filled by the candidates in the 2nd Round of online seat allocation. The candidates can edit (add, delete, reorder) choices (AIIMS and Subject/Speciality). It may be noted that it is mandatory for candidates to login at least once to record their participation in the 3rd Round of online seat allocation even if they do not wish to change their sequence of choice exercised earlier by the dates specified in Important Dates Link.
3. For the candidates who had chosen Option 2 (ACCEPT allotted seat and WANT TO PARTICIPATE in 3rd ROUND of Seat Allocation) in the 2nd Round of online Seat Allocation, the already allotted choice (AIIMS and subject/speciality) cannot be deleted from the choices. They can add, delete, reorder other choices. Any choice lower than the already allotted seat will NOT be considered for 3rdRound of online seat allocation.
4. The seat allocation will be done in order of the merit and according to choices made by the candidate. The order of seat allocation will be UR/50% AIIMS preferential/SC/ST/OBC/EWS as per past practice. When a reserved candidate who is in the combined merit list is being allocated a seat, a higher preference seat, if available in the concerned reserved category, will automatically be allocated. If a subject being allocated as per choice by such a candidate is simultaneously available both in the unreserved and reserved category at the time of allocation of his/her rank, then the unreserved seat will be allocated. The allocation of seats in the reserved category will be done only after the allocation of seats in the unreserved category.
5. The Portal will be opened for dates specified in the Important Dates link in the Portal. The choices made by the candidate will be locked either by the candidate OR automatically on the last Date and Time specified in the Important Dates link in the Portal.
6. All the candidates who have been allocated seats in the 3rd Round are required to login to the PG online seat allocation portal and actively choose the following option within date and time specified in the Important Dates link:
OPTION A: ACCEPT allotted seat
[Candidates choosing Option-A must join the seat allotted by upgradation/allotment in this round. Such candidates cannot retain seat allotted earlier (if any). Failure to join the seat shall lead to impositions of penalty of Rs. 3.00 Lakh]
(Those who have been allotted a seat in the 3rd Round of seat allotment but DO NOT actively choose "OPTION A" to Accept the offer by 5.00 PM on 5th August, 2020 (Wednesday) and complete the necessary formalities by 5.00 PM on 6th August, 2020 (Thursday) shall be deemed to have forfeited the allotted seat. The seat shall be declared as vacant).
Those who chose Option A: Accept allotted seat are required to report to Any/Allotted AIIMS by 5.00 PM on 6th August, 2020 (Thursday) (Failure to do so will lead to forfeiture of the allotted seat).
Failure to login and selecting an option within date and time specified in the Important Dates link will also lead to forfeiture of the allotted seat)
7. Those candidates who have been allotted seat and submitted a DD of Rs. 3 Lakh in lieu of original Certificate / Documents are required to submit original Certificate / Documents within 05 days of submitting the DD and failing which the admission will be cancelled and the DD amount will be forfeited, however such candidates are eligible for Open Round of Counselling.
The Documents/DD may also send through authorized representative (for reporting), preferably to allocated AIIMS for reporting and joining or any of the eight AIIMS (New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh) for reporting within the date and times specified in the Important Dates link. Please see also the additional method of Payment through electronic fund transfer in Annexure-1.
8. Candidates availing constitutional reservation in the 3rd Round must show valid proof of their claim for reserved seat at allocated AIIMS when they are depositing original certificates/Demand Draft of Rupees 3.00 Lakhs. In case they do not possess a valid certificate then their claim for the reserved seat allocated in 3rd Round will be nullified.The OBC/EWS certificate must be valid for admission in Central Govt. Institution. The validity of OBC/EWS certified shall be as per Prospectus and Important Notice no. 75/2020 dated 14.06.2020.
9. Candidates availing PWBD horizontal reservation in the 3rd Round must show valid proof of their claim for reserved seat at allocated AIIMS when they are depositing original certificates/Demand Draft of Rupees 3.00 Lakhs. In case they do not possess a valid certificate then their claim for the reserved seat allocated in 3rd Round will be nullified.
10. All disputes pertaining to the conduct of the examination by AIIMS and online seat allocation will be subject to the jurisdiction of High Court of Delhi only.
11. AIIMS Preferential seats are being allocated as per direction of Hon'ble Supreme Court only for AIIMS Delhi as number of UR seats in other AIIMS are less than number of seats to be reserved for other AIIMS candidate.
At AIIMS Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur & Rishikesh - Preference will not be applicable.
12. The schedule of Open Round of Seat Allocation / Counselling is available in the AIIMS PG Prospectus for July 2020 session.
13. All candidates are advised to remain alert to take note of any communication sent in Email/SMS/Notification published on portal. AIIMS New Delhi is not responsible for anything due to delay in noticing such information by the candidates.
Highlights of Changes in procedures
• If a seat (AIIMS-Speciality) is allocated and candidate fails to accept the allocated seat OR does not complete the due procedure as described under Procedure and within the time specified in the important dates links, after accepting the allocated seat, then it will lead to forfeiture of the allotted seat.
• All eligible candidates are therefore advised to select only those seats (AIIMS-Speciality) as choices that they are going to accept, if allocated.
Subject: Additional method of Payment through electronic fund transfer
Kindly note the following in relation to the Results of Seat Allocation
Based on the representation received from candidates who wish to make online payments instead of depositing Demand Draft, the following procedure is to be followed:
a. Instead of Demand Draft, the candidates can deposit the amount of Rs.3 lakh through electronic fund transfer in the Account given below
Name of the Bank
State Bank of India
Branch Name with Address
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029
Name of Account Holder
b. The details of the Transaction with Transaction ID, Amount and Date of electronic fund transfer should be sent to designated email ID of the Nodal Officer of allocated AIIMS (details in result notification of respective round of seat allocation) with copy (CC) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The self- attested scanned copies of the required certificates as per the result notification of respective round of seat allocation should also be attached.
c. This is an additional method for confirming your acceptance of the allocated seat (AIIMS-subject/specialty). All other methods for confirmation, previously mentioned in the result notification of respective round of seat allocation remain valid.
d. All candidates who have chosen OPTION A : Accept the allotted seat by due date and deposited Rs 3 lakh through online mode must submit original certificate in person to any/respective AIIMS within 5 days, failing which the allocation will cancelled and seat will be released for further round of seat allocation.
e. All other terms and conditions mentioned in the result notification of respective round of seat allocation remain unchanged.
For more details, log on to the official website of AIIMS, https://www.aiimsexams.org/