- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
WBMCC Informs on Counselling Process For Post Diploma 2 years DNB Degree, 20 Seats Available
West Bengal: The West Bengal Main Computerized Counselling (WBMCC) informed about the counseling process for state quota Post Diploma 2 years DNB Degree Sponsored Seat in the government hospital. The seat matrix for the same has also been released. Per the notice, admission to the State Quota Post Diploma 2 years Sponsored Degree seats in DNB Courses in West Bengal will commence for...
West Bengal: The West Bengal Main Computerized Counselling (WBMCC) informed about the counseling process for state quota Post Diploma 2 years DNB Degree Sponsored Seat in the government hospital. The seat matrix for the same has also been released.
Per the notice, admission to the State Quota Post Diploma 2 years Sponsored Degree seats in DNB Courses in West Bengal will commence for Govt. Hospitals in The State of West Bengal are affiliated with NBEMS.
Counseling schedule –
1. Counseling at the auditorium of Swasthya Bhavan – 21st November 202, 11 am onwards
2. Manual admission by the candidates at the District Hospitals – 22nd November 2022, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
3. Reporting of Govt. Hospitals about such admission to Dept of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of WB – 22nd November 2022 by 4:00 pm (email – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
4. Reporting of all such admission to NBEMS by Dept of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of WB – 23rd November 2022
The State Quota DNB PDCET sponsored seats shall be allotted through manual counseling, and the candidate has to be manually present for such counseling offline at Swasthya Bhavan, GN-29, Salt Lake Kolkata 700091
The allotment for such seats in the DNB affiliated Govt hospitals in West Bengal approved and accredited by NBEMS and seat sharing accepted by NBEMS for 2022 shall be made based on the subject-wise inter se merit of Status (Unreserved, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Class A, Other Backward Class B and Person with Disability) of such in-service candidates.
In reserving seats for SC, ST, OBC A, and OBC B candidates, the policy expressed in West Bengal State Higher Education Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act 2013 shall be followed. For Post Diploma 2 years Degree seats, separately, the 100-point roster of Backward Class Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal shall be applied for the reservation of seats.
OBC category candidates must submit a non-creamy layer income certificate issued on or after 01.04.2021 by the caste certificate issuing authority. If they fail to provide such a certificate, they shall be considered an unreserved candidate for the counseling process, provided they have obtained the eligibility marks of unreserved candidates.
The caste certificate issued by the appropriate authority in the State of West Bengal shall only be valid for allotment to the reserved category seats of such counseling. Suppose suchcertificateate could not be provided by the candidate during the counseling verification. In that case, the candidate shall be considered as Unreserved for the counseling process provided they have obtained the eligibility marks of unreserved candidates.
The Persons shall fill 5% of seats of the sanctioned capacity with Disabilities candidates under each caste category. If no such eligible candidate is available in the counseling, the seat shall be reverted to the respective caste category.
The benchmark PwD (Person with Disabilitcertificateate must be issued from the Medical Board of IPGMER Kolkata, which is in accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disability Act 2016.
1. Such broad specialty seats shall be only for in-service candidates doing regular service in the Department of Health and Family Welfare; Govt. of West Bengal. Such in-service candidates should have appeared in DNB PD CET 2022 examination.
2. Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provision of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, Govt. of India that they have passed final examinations for Post Graduate Diploma on or before 3l July 2022.
3. Eligibility of in-service candidate pursuing or in possession of Post MBBS PG Diploma in any discipline and placed on Trainee Reserve at any time during the service career is also subject to the prevalent rules and orders in place of the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of West Bengal.
4. In-service candidates who did their Diploma through placement on Trainee Reserve are allowed to apply provided the TR period for pursuing such Diploma/fellowship course was completed on or before 30.04.2020.
1. PG Degree holders shall not be eligible for further PG courses in DNB (even if the such degree was acquired before joining the service). Still, only the PG Diploma holder may opt for DNB Post Diploma 2 years Degree course if the required service period is rendered in accordance with the TR Rules of 2015 with its latest amendment.
2. Candidates already pursuing a DNB course or any other Post-Graduate Medical course are not eligible for admission in such 2 years Post Diploma Degree seats in 2022 until they complete the duration prescribed in the said course. Resignation or discontinuation from the said course due to any reason shall not make the candidate eligible for admission for such seats.
3. The candidates who have already been admitted in PG Medical AIQ Round 2 in 2022 counseling or WB SO PG Medical Round 2 in 2022 counseling are out of this 2022 State Quota PDCET counseling process.
4. The candidates allotted in AIQ PG medical Mop-up counseling 2022 are also not allowed to participate in this counseling process.
5. It is reiterated that the candidate is not eligible if they are more than 50 years of age on 31.03.2022 as per provision of Rule 3 sub-rule IV of the TR Rules 2015 with the latest amendment.
Training period -
The tenure of the training period is two completed years for Post Diploma broad specialty DNB course. The start date of the training period shall be the date of actual placement on trainee reserve for in-service candidates (that is, the date of drawl of salary as trainee reserve) by the admitting Govt Hospitals with accredited DNB courses in West Bengal.
Admission to such a course shall not be allowed unless the candidate has got themself registered with the West Bengal Medical Council. Candidates registered with other State Medical Councils must be registered with West Bengal Medical Council before admission.
Placement on trainee -
1. Placement on trainee reserve is strictly based on the extent of TR rules issued by the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal.
2. The total number of allotments in Trainee Reserve (WBHS/ WBMES/WBPHAS) will be as per available TR posts for 2022 based on caste and inter se merit of in-service candidates as per direction of Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal.
3. If there is a tie with the TR post being less than the eligible candidates, higher the duration of regular service would be considered earlier for the TR post.
4. If still tied, then higher the chronological age of the candidate would be considered earlier for the TR post. Mere enrolment for participation in counseling does not confirm placement in the training reserve, which is at the discretion of the Dept of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of West Bengal.
Counseling process –
1. Step 1 verification and counseling slip generation.
2. Step 2 is the counseling proper, seat allotment, and generation of allotment letter.
The allotted candidate has to pay Rs 125000 in Cash/Draft/Online payment to the concerned hospital (after discussing the payment mode with the allotted hospital authority) as a one-year course fee as prescribed by the NBEMS. Once paid after admission to the allotted seat, the fee shall be non-refundable.
The joining in the course shall be after issuance of TR by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of WB. They shall be receiving the due salary as per the extant rule. They are not eligible for any other stipend. The joining report and in-service bond affidavit (The service bond is as per the State policy of TR rules 2015 and related amendments from time to time) has to be provided by the candidate to the respective Govt Hospital. The Hospital has to provide the same proof to NBEMS for registration of the said in-service candidate for the said course.
Documents to be submitted during the verification process –
1. DNB PD CET 2022 Admit card
2. DNB PD CET 2022 Rank card
3. Valid photo ID card of the candidate (EPIC/AADHAR/PASSPORT/PAN/Driving License....anyone)
4. Age Proof (Birth Certificate/Class X admit card/Class X certificate)
5. MBBS Certificate
6. 3'd Professional Part II examination Mark sheet
7. Internship Completion Certificate
8. Caste certificate (as applicable)
9. Non Creamy layer certificate issued on or after 01.04.2022 for OBC A or OBC B candidates
10. Permanent Registration Certificate issued by WBMC (West Bengal Medical Council)
11. PwD certificate issued by the Medical Board of IPGMER Kolkata (as applicable)
12. Proof of Previous Diploma (as applicablcertificateate along with proof that such candidate passed such Diploma final examination on or before 31st July 2022 (as applicable).
13. Proof of previous TR (Trainee Reserve) related formalities completed by 30.04.2020 (as applicable)
14. Posting orders and joining report/s for claiming in-service category seats
Seat matrix –
A total of 20 seats are allotted.
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
To view the notice, click on https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/dnb-191497.pdf