NEET Counselling 2021: MCC specifies documents for NRI candidates seeking category conversion
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has informed all NEET Candidates who want to get their nationality converted from Indian to NRI about the mandated requirements they need to fulfil and relevant documents they need to submit with the counselling body which claims that they belong to the NRI category.It is for the information to all the candidates...
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has informed all NEET Candidates who want to get their nationality converted from Indian to NRI about the mandated requirements they need to fulfil and relevant documents they need to submit with the counselling body which claims that they belong to the NRI category.
It is for the information to all the candidates that those who are claiming to be NRI as per the directions/orders of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, such candidates should send their relevant documents as mentioned below, in support of their claim to change nationality from Indian to NRI through e- mail firstname.lastname@example.org from 10:00 AM of 30th December, 2021 (Thursday) till 10:00 AM of 2nd January, 2022 (Sunday).
All such candidates are advised to be in touch with the MCC website (www.mcc.nic.in) for further course of action. Mails received before/ after the stipulated time will not be considered.
Candidates are advised to send all documents enclosed in single mail only, within stipulated time.
The following conditions are required to be met by the candidates applying for change of their category (Indian to NRI):-
1. As per the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the case (W.P. (C) No.689/2017- Consortium of Deemed universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Anr. Vs. Union Of India & Ors.) dated 22-08-2017 and principles set out in Anshul Tomar (supra) case.
The Candidates applying for conversion are required to furnish the documents in the format provided.
The following list of documents is needed to be submitted through e-mail:- (in the given order)
• Documents claiming that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer).
• Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08- 2017.
• Affidavit from the sponsorer that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate duly notarized.
• Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
• NEET Score Card of the candidate.
To view the official notice click on the following link:
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at email@example.com.