BSc Nursing 2021 at PGIMER: Correction window closes today
Chandigarh: The correction window for BSc Nursing 4 year programme for the academic session 2021 closes today, as per the recent notification published on the official website of the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
All the candidates can only correct their application till 11.55 pm tonight.
According to the seat matrix released by the PGIMER, the institute is offering 93 BSc Nursing seats this academic year.
The number of seats for B.Sc. Nursing Courses:
For PGI Staff
B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years)
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
*The number of seats mentioned for Persons with Benchmark Disability (PWD) will be adjusted against the category to which he / she belongs. The candidates having disability to the tune of 40% to 50% of lower extremity declared by authorized Medical Board of the State Govt. / Govt. of India or any other Competent Authority authorized in this regard by the Government having Nursing expert as a member of the Board only to be considered.
Start of B.Sc. Nursing online registration on Website www.pgimer.edu.in
Application form closes
Computer Based Entrance Test
Expected date of declaration of result
Last date of submission of qualifying 10+2 certificate and marks sheet
20.08.2021 at 11.00 AM
Declaration of result
Final result for B.Sc. Nursing will only be displayed on PGI website at www.pgimer.edu.in.
Result of individual candidate will NOT be informed on telephone and candidates are requested NOT to make call to the Academic Section/ NINE for such information.
Admission to all courses is made once a year. The session for B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) shall commence from 1st September of each year. The admission notice is published in leading newspapers in India usually during the months of May/June every year. The admission to the courses imparted at NINE is made on all India basis by holding an entrance examination by the Institute after issuing a countrywide admission notice.
General admission requirements
A. Eligibility Criteria (as on last date of submission of application form):
I. B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) - only for female candidates
1) The minimum educational requirement shall be 10+2 examination passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or any other examination as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates appearing in 10+2 examination in AprilMay, 2021 can also apply for the course, but they will be provisionally allowed to appear in the entrance examination subject to passing of 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks. They will, however, be required to submit their certificates/marks sheet from the respective Boards of their having passed the 10+2 examination to the Principal, NINE by 12.08.2021 positively failing which they will not be considered for attending the counseling.
2) AGE LIMIT: Not more than 25 years and not less than 17 years on 1st September, 2021 i.e. those born after 1st September, 2004 and before 1st September 1996 are not eligible.
II. B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) – (Course Code- BSC/023)
1) Must have passed 10+2 or any other examination equivalent thereto.
2) Must have passed General Nursing and Midwifery with minimum of 50% aggregate.
3) Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife qualified from a recognized Institute & registered with respective State Nursing Council as approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC) or substitute registration in case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children.
4) AGE LIMIT: Not more than 45 years on 1st September, 2021 i.e. those born before 1st September, 1976 are not eligible. The age relaxation as per rules will be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories.
NOTE: Applicants must fulfill all the above eligibility conditions on the last day of submission of online application form.
(i)Candidates are required to take the printout of the filled online application form and route their applications along with necessary documents through the employer.
(ii)The online application form will be treated as advance copy.
Foreign Nationals (FN)
(i)Foreign nationals should also fill in the prescribed application form online.
(ii)Candidates are required to take the print out of the filled online application form and route their applications along with necessary documents through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi and it should reach by the prescribed date. They have to obtain eligibility certificate from Registrar, PGIMER, Chandigarh & clearance regarding professional qualification from the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and submit it along with the application form.
(iii)The online application form will be treated as an advance copy.
(iv)However, application of such candidates will be processed after receipt of the same through diplomatic channels. These candidates are also required to appear in the entrance examination along with other candidates.
(v)For further details, kindly see How to Apply section on the website.
a. Competetive entrance test
The Entrance Examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT). The Entrance Test shall be held on 31st July, 2021 and duration shall be 1 and ½ hours (One and half hours/90 minutes). The Online (CBT) Entrance Test will be conducted in one shift: Timing – 09.00 AM to 10.30 AM.
(i) Applicants should indicate his/her choice of city of examination at the time of filling online application form. The city chosen is subject to confirmation of payment of the examination fee. The city of examination shall be allotted on firstcome first-serve basis subject to availability of nodes in respective city.
(ii) The city of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. Applicants should therefore indicate the choice of city with utmost care. Applicants are advised to complete the process of online application at the earliest without waiting for the last date, to avoid not getting the city/centre of their choice.
(iii) Covid-19 related instructions:
(a) It will be mandatory for the candidates to wear face mask covering nose and mouth.
(b) Candidates must carry 50 ml transparent bottle of hand sanitizers along with them.
(c) Social distancing must be maintained.
(iv) Other important instructions:
(a) No electronic/metal item and ornaments inside the examination center will be allowed.
(b) Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons will not be permitted.
(c) For details please see and follow instructions given in the admit card.
(v) Unfair means, cheating, forgery and impersonation:
The candidates will not resort to/adopt any unfair means, cheating, forgery and impersonation during the examination. In case a candidate is caught guilty of such act he/she shall be expelled from the examination hall and examination of such candidates including the outcome shall be terminated / cancelled right away. Such candidate's in possession of prohibited items shall be confiscated immediately by the invigilator. Identity and communication details of candidate shall be noted down by invigilators/observer for reporting to authorities in TCS/PGI/Police. Forgery is a cognizable offence and strictness disciplinary action. A FIR may also be lodged with the police. Any request for reappearing and refund of fees shall not be accepted.
Note : Non Compliance of above will result in the denial of entry in the examination hall and responsibility will lie upon the candidate.
c. Type of paper
Candidates will be considered for selection to B.Sc. Nursing course based on a test consisting of 100 multiple choice question (MCQs) with four alternatives. There will be Negative marking to the tune of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
A. B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years)
The approximate number of questions for each subject is as follows:
Number of marks
General Knowledge/Current affairs
(The syllabi will be of Ten Plus One & Plus Two standard)
B. B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)
The approximate number of questions for each subject is as follows:
Number of marks
Scientific Principles Applied in
Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg.
Medical Surgical Nursing
(including Anatomy and Physiology)
Child Health Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery
Mental Health Nursing
(The syllabi will be of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Standard)
SUMMARY OF B.SC. NURSING ENTRANCE TEST PATTERN
(Please see the text for details and explanations)
Mode of Examination
Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online
Duration of Examination
1 and ½ hours (One and half hours/90 minutes)
Date of Examination
Saturday, the 31st July, 2021
Number of Shifts
Timing of Examination
09.00 AM to 10.30 AM
Location of Examination Centres
Tentatively 10 cities in India
Language of Paper
Type of Examination
Number of Questions
One Paper of 100 MCQ (One hundred only)
Please see the concerned sections for details.
Method of Cut-Off
Method of determining merit
Method of resolving ties
4. Criteria for selection
1. The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of entrance test.
2. Overall rank of all the candidates shall be decided based on percentile scores, with a higher percentile score translating into a better rank.
3. An overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the examination in the theory examination (irrespective of their category) will be prepared. Candidates of various categories who secure percentile in the theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for admission:
General category : 50th percentile
SC/ST/OBC & PwBD : 45th percentile
4. In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh shall be final.
Candidates will be invited for physical counseling at PGIMER, Chandigarh strictly in order of merit in the respective merit lists based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance examination. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from candidates who fulfill the cut off points. It is compulsory that these candidates attend the interview. Date of counselling will be notified on the PGIMER, website. Hence candidates are advised to keep visiting PGIMER website frequently for all the updates.
Selected candidates should pay the fee etc. on the spot failing which her/his selection will be treated as cancelled and seat will be offered to the candidates next on the waiting list in order of merit.
Admission to B.Sc. Nursing course will close on 30.09.2021.
7. Fees and other dues (per annum)
(Tentative and subject to change)
Security/Caution Money (*Refundable)
Registration Fee (payable on admission)
8. Hostel charges (subject to change):
Charges / Fee
Hostel/Room Rent (per annum)
Hostel Security one time (refundable)
Hostel Fund on admission (Non-refundable)
Electricity charges (per annum)
9. Guidance and counseling
Democratic atmosphere is maintained among the students and teachers. Student's personal problems are looked into and necessary counseling and guidance is given by the teachers. The students are free to approach any faculty member for the same.
General Instructions to Candidates