- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
DME Kerala Invites Online Application For Post Basic Diploma Courses in Speciality Nursing 2022, details
Kerala: The Director of Medical Education (DME Kerala) has opened an online application window for Post Basic Diploma Courses in Specialty Nursing 2022. The courses are open for Government Nursing College, Thiruvananthapuram, Government Nursing College, Kottayam, and Government Nursing College, Kannur. The last Date to apply is 27th August 2022. The candidates can apply online through...
Kerala: The Director of Medical Education (DME Kerala) has opened an online application window for Post Basic Diploma Courses in Specialty Nursing 2022.
The courses are open for Government Nursing College, Thiruvananthapuram, Government Nursing College, Kottayam, and Government Nursing College, Kannur. The last Date to apply is 27th August 2022. The candidates can apply online through the website at www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in.
The candidates must pay a registration fee of Rs 1000 for the general category and Rs 500 for SC/ST. Application fee can be remitted by all applicants at any one of the notified branches of a Scheduled Bank in Kerala, using the Challan generated online during the process of submission of the application form online or through an online payment facility.
In the case of Service candidates, the application fee should be remitted to any Govt. Treasury under the head of Account "0210-03-105-99". They should then produce a copy of the Challan receipt to any one of the District Facilitation Centres to obtain the Challan no.
There is only a single application form for applying for Post Basic Diploma Courses in SpecialtyNursing2022 in Government Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, and Kannur. Therefore, if a candidate submits more than one application, their candidature is liable to be rejected.
Process of application –
1. Registration - The candidate should click the button "NEW CANDIDATE." The candidate's details must be filled in the page thus obtained.
2. Fee payment - The candidate has to pay the application fee via Online Payment or by Challan.
3. Application entry - The candidate should fill all the remaining items in the application entry stage.
4. Upload images & certificates – Details are enclosed in the notice.
5. Final confirmation and print application - the candidate can "Preview' the application before confirmation and submission. After Preview, the candidate has to accept the declaration and make the final submission. The facility to accept the declaration (Tick box) will be enabled only if all the mandatory fields are filled, and the uploading of supporting documents and images is completed. The candidate should then take a printout of the application form from the online application for future references.
Service Candidates, after remitting the fee as prescribed in clause 8.3.1, should proceed to stage 2 by clicking the link "Admission to Post Basic Diploma Course in Specialty Nursing -2022" and then the link "SERVICE CANDIDATES." Next, the candidate must enter the application number, Challan number, name of Treasury, and Date of remittance and proceed to steps 3 to 5 of clause 8.3.2.
After completing the online application submission, the printout of the application form along with the challan receipt and self-attested copies of certificates/documents as per clause 8.3.4 should be submitted to the Director of Medical Education, Medical College PO Thiruvananthapuram 695 011, Kerala" through proper channel to reach the office on or before the last Date prescribed.
Documents to be uploaded along with the application form –
1. Scanned copy of the SSLC / Birth Certificate/Passport to prove the Date of birth.
2. Scanned copy of Higher Secondary or Equivalent Examination mark lists.
3. Scanned copy of Pass Certificate and all the mark lists of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery/ B.Sc Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
4. Scanned copy of registration certificate issued by the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council (Renewal) or, in case of candidates with registration outside Kerala, self-attested copy of concerned State Council registration certificate.
5. Scanned copy of Non-Creamy Layer Certificate.
6. Scanned copy of any one of the certificates to prove Nativity.
7. Scanned copy of Income certificate and Community certificates as applicable in the prescribed format.
8. Scanned copy of Inter-Caste marriage certificate, if applicable. Any other documents mentioned in the notification.
Only Indian citizens of Kerala origin are eligible for admission to Post Basic Diploma Nursing courses unless otherwise specified. Candidates who have been residents of Kerala for a period of not less than 5 years will also be treated at par with candidates of Kerala origin for the limited purpose of admissions.
The candidates applying for the course should have passed the B.Sc. Nursing Degree (Regular Course)/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (Regular course)/General Nursing and Midwifery Course with 50% marks, with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects in 10+2 level recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and the concerned State Nursing Council. The upper age limit for General Merit candidates shall be 45 years and for Service candidates 49 years as of the Date of application notification.
The candidates note that those seeking admission for the course should undergo a Nursing Skill test following the entrance examination, and those who qualify in the above will alone be considered for the ranking. Those who do not qualify for the skill test and/or who do not attend the skill test will not be considered for the ranking. Candidates called for the skill test should attend the same at the specified venue, which will be published later through the website at their own expense.
All candidates, including Service candidates, must appear for the Entrance Examination conducted by the LBS Centre for Science and Technology, TVPM. The Entrance Examination for admission to Post Basic Diploma in Specialty Nursing courses-2022 will be held at Thiruvananthapuram on the Date and time to be notified later. The Examination will consist of 100 objective-type multiple choice questions, each carrying 3 marks with a maximum of 300 marks.
Admit cards for the Entrance Examination will have to be downloaded by the candidate from the homepage of the website www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in during the period notified. The LBS Centre for Science and Technology will publish the provisional rank list of candidates who appeared in the Entrance Examination based on their marks.
Selection and admission will be based on the Rank secured in the entrance 14 examination and skill test as per clause 10. The selection of Service candidates will be as per clauses 10 and 11.2.
53 seats are available for Post Basic Diploma Courses in Specialty Nursing 2022. The duration of the course will be for 1 year from the Date of commencement of the course.
Detailed seat matrix –
1. Cardiothoracic Nursing – 19
2. Critical Care Nursing – 10
3. Emergency and Disaster Nursing – 6
4. Neonatal Nursing – 2
5. Neuro Science Nursing – 2
6. Nurse Practitioner in Midwifery – 6
7. Oncology Nursing – 8
Total seats available for Post Basic Diploma Courses in Specialty Nursing except Service quota will be distributed as per the mandatory reservation principle, contemplated in GO (P) 208/66/Edn dated 2.5.1966, GO (MS) No. 95/08/SCSTDD dated 06/10/2008 and GO (MS)No. 10/2014/BCDD dated 23.05.2014, GO (MS)No.185/2020//H&FWD, dated 02.11.2020 and as modified from time to time.
Seats falling vacant under Service Quota in Medical Education shall be added to Service Quota of Health Services / Insurance Medical Services and vice versa. If seats still remain vacant, they will be added to the merit quota. The seats un-availed by the Scheduled Castes candidates will go to the Scheduled Tribes candidates and vice versa.
The seats un-availed by the SC/ST candidates will go to "Other Eligible Community" (OEC) candidates. The seats that remain un-availed will go to the State Merit Quota. The seats un-availed by the SEBC category candidates will be allotted under State Merit in the final allotment in the stream. 6 The seats un-availed by the EWS category candidates will be allotted under State Merit in the final allotment in the stream.
As per DME, claims for mandatory reservation must be made by the candidate at the time of submission of the application form with supporting documents as required. The claim has to be specified in the application form.
Fee structure -
Rs 11,030/- per annum
Rs 1110/- per annum
Rs 2210/- per annum
Rs 2210/- (refundable)
Candidates desirous of being considered for any fee concession/ scholarship/ any other benefits based on annual family income should produce an Income Certificate from the concerned Village Officer, along with the printout of the application itself.
Documents to be submitted at the time of reporting to the college –
1. The Allotment Memo.
2. Certificate to prove Date of birth.
3. Transfer Certificate (TC) from the Institution last attended and Conducted Certificate at the time of admission (If TC is not produced at the time of admission, candidate's admission will be cancelled).
4. Degree/Provisional/Diploma Certificate of the B.Sc/GNM course & Mark list of each year of Examinations.
5. Relieving Order from the Department concerned (service quota candidates).
6. Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council Registration Certificates/Renewal.
7. Physical fitness certificate in the relevant format as specified in Annexure X.
8. Migration Certificate for those applicable
9. Any other documents must be produced before the Head of Institution.
Fees other than the one already paid to vide clause 12.4, as applicable to the Institution, will have to be remitted by the candidate, if required, at the time of taking admission to the college. The Principal of the College shall be personally responsible for verifying original documents and satisfying the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of seeking admission to the college.
Candidates who do not take admission on the prescribed Date in the allotted college will lose their admission. They will not be considered for further allotments, if any, in the concerned course. The candidates must join the course on the Date intimated by the Director of Medical Education. : No transfer shall be allowed from one college to another after the admission closing.
Students admitted to the Post Basic Diploma course in Specialty Nursing in Government Nursing Colleges are eligible for stipend as per Government Orders passed from time to time. At present, it is Rs.7000/- per month.
To view the notice, click on https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/prospectus-182878.pdf.