TN Health invites online applications for Diploma in Nursing course, Details
Chennai: Through a recent notification, TN Health has invited online applications for Diploma in Nursing course for women 2020-2021 session
Last date for submission of application 23-02-2021 upto 5.00 p.m.
Diploma in Nursing Course
Date of Notification: 14-02-2021
Date of Commencement of online application: 15-02-2021 at 10.00 a.m.
Last date for online submission of application: 21-02-2021 at 05.00 p.m.
Last date for receipt of filled-in online application form along with photocopy of certificates: 23-02-2021 at 05.00 p.m.
Expected date for declaration of Merit through official website: Will be intimated later.
Tentative Allotment of seats: Will be intimated later.
Last date of Joining: The time as mentioned in the allotment order of the candidate.
Address to which the filed in on-line application form along with enclosures are to be sent: The Secretary, Selection Committee, No.162, E.V.R. Periyar High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai – 10.
- The online submission of Application form for admission to Diplomav in Nursing Course for 2020-2021 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges can be accessed from the following websites:
- Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining tov this admission process will be made and available on the above websites.
- The candidates are instructed to visit the above websites frequentlyv for updates from the date of application till the end of admission process without fail. Selection committee will not be responsible for consequences resulting due to non-diligent follow-up of notices, notification and publications appearing on the websites regarding admission to Diploma in Nursing course for 2020-2021 session.
- Candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully before fillingv the online application form and ensure that no mandatory column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence and request for re-consideration will be entertained.
I. General instructions:-
1. a. Candidates seeking admission to Diploma in Nursing course for Women should submit the online filled in application form along with necessary enclosures should reach the following address on or before 05.00 Pm on 23-02-2021.
No.162, E.V.R. Periyar High Road,
Kilpauk, Chennai – 10.
b. The candidates shall ensure that the filled in online application form with all particulars and enclosures should be reached the Selection Committee within the date and time specified. Online filled in applications received by Speed Post/Courier or any other means after the last date & time will not be accepted.
c. The Selection Committee shall not be responsible for any delay in the receipt or for the loss in transit of online application form etc.
d. Request for extension of time for submission of documents called for, after the specified date and time will not be entertained.
e. Any supporting documents / online application received after due date will not be entertained.
f. Candidates seeking admission under Special Category for the Diploma in Nursing Course for Women (Children of Ex-Servicemen Orthopaedically Physically Disabled and Eminent sports person) shall submit the prescribed format (Annexure-I , II (A)& (B) and III(A),(B)&(C) along with an additional fee of Rs.100/- by means of a Demand Draft or via Bank Portal for each special category.
g. If the required certificate for special category are not enclosed the candidate will not be considered under special category. But they are eligible for general category.
h. Candidates can track their online applications on the websites by entering their online application number (or) +2/Equivalent Examination Reg. No. of first appearance with the year.
2.The candidate should be a citizen of India and Native of Tamil Nadu.
a) Candidates belonging to other States cannot claim nativity of Tamil Nadu.
b) Candidates who are Native of Tamil Nadu and who have studied 6th standard to 12th standard in schools of Tamil Nadu need not submit their "Nativity Certificate".
c) Permanent Residence Certificate in Lieu of Nativity Certificate will not be accepted.
d) Candidates who are Native of Tamil Nadu, but studied from 6th Standard to 12th standard outside Tamil Nadu either partly or completely in one or more states should produce the Nativity Certificate of the candidate and true copies of their parent's certificates such as SSLC /10th /12th / Transfer Certificate and Ration Card / Passport to substantiate their place of birth in Tamil Nadu, to establish the relationship between the parent and candidate.
e) The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu of the candidate should be issued by the competent authority only and supported by a copy of Passport / Aadhar / Voter's ID/ Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the online application will be summarily rejected.
f) Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu alone will be considered for communal reservation.
g) Other State candidates who are not native of Tamil Nadu but who have Studied 6th standard to 12th standard in Tamil Nadu will be treated as OC (Open Competition) candidate.
a) Only women candidates are eligible to apply Diploma in Nursing Course.
b) The Third Gender candidates who identify themselves as "Female" by self-declaration supported by the certificate (ID card) issued by the Tamil Nadu Third gender Welfare Board (TNTGWB) are also eligible to apply Diploma in Nursing Course.
5. Age Limit:-
Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December 2020. (Those who were born few days later can also be considered).
Candidates shall not be older than 35 years as on the 31st December 2020.
6. Educational Qualification:-
a) Candidates should have studied "Tamil" as the first language.
b) Candidates should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board /any other equivalent Board in the following group of subjects.
i. 65% of the seats will be filled up with candidates in the following subjects.
A. Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject.
B. Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology.
ii. 25% of the seats will be filled up with candidates in the following subjects.
B. Foundation Science as Vocational subject.
iii. 10% of the seats will be filled with candidates in the subject not specified in items (i) and (ii) above.
c) If adequate number of eligible candidates are not available in item ii and iii, the seats will be reverted back to item
d) Candidates who have passed the HSC in Open University are not eligible to apply for Diploma in nursing course.
7. Minimum eligibility marks:-
a. For OC, BC, BCM & MBC/DNC Candidates:
A pass in HSC with 40% of aggregate of marks.
b. For SC/SCA/ST candidates: A pass in Higher Secondary Course.
8. Normalization of marks: - As per the Tamil Nadu Act No.3 of 2007 dated 05.03.2007 and G.O. (Ms) No.77 HE (J2) Dept dated 05.04.2007, the marks obtained by the students in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by the various Boards or Authority shall be equated with the marks obtained by the students in the same subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by the State Board of Tamil Nadu by adopting the method of normalization.
Explanation: - Under the method of normalization, the highest mark obtained by the students of various Boards in each subject will be equated to the highest mark obtained by the students of State Board in that subject and the relative marks obtained by other students in that subject will be determined accordingly.
Illustration: - If the highest mark secured by the student of State Board in Physics is 100 and the highest mark secured by a student of any other Board in the same subject is 90, both the highest mark will be considered to be equal to 100. If a student of the other Board secures 60 marks in Physics when the first mark in Physics in the same board is 90, then 60 marks will be considered to be equal to 66.66 marks as arrived at below:-
(100 x 60) /100= 66.66%
After normalization of marks in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by different Boards, the qualified students of different Boards will be merged into a common merit list.
In case of candidates who have qualified from National Boards such as CBSE and ISCE etc. the highest marks obtained by the candidates at the National Level alone will be taken into consideration for normalization.
III. Procedure for filling and submission of online application:-
9. (a) (i) The candidate should log on in any one of the following websites:
www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in / www.tnmedicalselection.org
(ii) The fees for online application process is Rs.300/- and should be paid via bank portal.
(iii) Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields.
(iv) Request for change in any particulars in the online Application shall not be entertained under any circumstances after submission.
(v) Incomplete applications will be rejected.
(vi) Candidates are advised to submit only one Application Form. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, her candidature will be cancelled.
(vii) Candidates should ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct during the online submission of application form.
. (viii) Candidates should submit the print out of the filled-in online application form (Hard Copy) along with necessary enclosures.
(b) The filled-in online application form along with the necessary enclosures should reach to the following address:
No.162, E.V.R. Periyar High Road,
Kilpauk, Chennai – 10.
(c) Candidates should send their filled-in online application form along with all the enclosures in an A4 size cloth lined cover. The template with the requisite details should be printed and pasted on the cover.
(d) AR Number (Application Registration Number) will be assigned by the Selection Committee on receipt of the filled-in online applications.
10. Candidates are instructed to enclose only the photocopies (not original) of the following certificates in the order indicated below along with the application.
a. The Mark sheet(s) of H.S.C. examination/any other Equivalent examination duly endorsed by the competent authority. Photo copy of both the sides of the mark sheets should be enclosed.
b. Transfer certificate obtained after the completion of H.S.C. or Equivalent courses.
c. Nativity certificate (if applicable).
d. Permanent Community Certificate Card.
e. Candidates seeking Admission against Special Category seats should submit necessary certificates obtained from appropriate authorities in the prescribed form and submit them along with the application (Please see format in the Annexure- I, II(A) &(B) and III (A),(B)&(C).
f. 10th standard Mark Sheet.
g. Certificate for proof of study from 6th standard to 12th standard (candidate if studied in Tamil Nadu)
h. Higher Secondary Course Examination Hall Ticket.
The candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe should produce Community Certificate obtained from a Competent Authority not below the rank of Revenue Divisional Officer. An attested photo copy or certified copy of the permanent community certificate card should be produced. If candidate claims ST status in the online application without producing any evidence or claiming that ST status is under process of scrutiny, they will be treated as Open Competetion Candidates.
i.Producing a false community, Nativity or any other certificate if detected later at any point of time during the course of study will result in expulsion of the candidate and also criminal proceedings will be initiated against the candidate as well as the parents as per provision of law.
ii. As number of bogus community certificates are being encountered off late and in order to curb such practices, the authentication of the above certificate has to be verified and confirmed by the concerned authority, before the individual completes 1st year. The concerned candidate and parents should take necessary steps to that effect. Unless proof of authenticity of community certificate is received, the candidate will not be allowed to continue the 2nd year.
iii. Community Certificates obtained from other States will not be considered and such candidates will be treated as Open Competetion Candidates.
11. Determination of the Community for Transgender:-
i. The Third Gender candidates, who do not possess any community certificate, may be considered under Most Backward Class as per G. O. (Ms). No. 28, backward Classes, Most Backward Class and Minorities Welfare Department, Dated 06-04-2015.
ii. The Third Gender candidates who belongs to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar) / Scheduled Tribe communities, and possess community certificate as such, may be considered as per their respective community.
iii. The Third Gender candidates who belong to the communities other than Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (A) / Scheduled Tribe and possess community certificate as such (not covered under point (i) above) may be considered as per their own community or as Most Backward Class whichever is advantageous to them as per their option and once the individual exercises option for community selection it should be crystallized and this option should not be changed in future.
iv. Community Certificate obtained from other States will not be considered and such candidates will be treated as open category
IV.Online counselling procedure (Single window system):-
12.a. Online Counselling Schedule will be available only on the website. Candidates should lock their choices of Colleges as per the schedule.
b. Admission to Diploma in Nursing course, shall be made by online counselling on the basis of merit applying the rule of reservation.
13. Counselling for the Special Categories (Eminent Sports Person, Ex-Service men & Persons with Disability) will be done before the General Category. There will be no reallotment /change of college for special category
14. The processing fee of Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty Only) should be paid through online mode via bank payment portal to participate in the online counselling.
15. A candidate who have not registered and have not locked the choices in the 1st round of online counselling will not be permitted to the subsequent rounds of online counselling.
16. At the time of choice filling, candidates can choose the Course and College of their own choices on merit basis and the same will be allotted as per the availability of seats.
17. The allotted candidates should download their provisional allotment order and join the course in the concerned Medical College/Institution on or before the stipulated date and time.
18. A candidate who have downloaded the provisional allotment order and have not joined the course will not be eligible to attend the subsequent rounds of online counselling.
19. The candidate who have joined in the course during 1st phase of counseling only eligible to attend the subsequent phases of online counselling for reallotment of Colleges. The date of such counselling will be published in the websites and also will be informed to the Dean/The Principal of respective Colleges. No individual intimation will be sent to the candidates.
20. The movement of candidate from one Government college to another Government college will be based on the merit following the rule of reservation. The date of such online counselling will be published in the websites and also will be informed to the Dean/The Principal of respective Colleges.
21. Individual request for transfer of college will not be entertained.
22. Mutual transfer will not be entertained.
V. Method of selection
23.a) The selection will be made based on merit and applying the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu as follows:-
Open Competition: 31 %
Backward Class: 30%
Most Backward /Denotified Community: 20%
Scheduled Caste: 18%
Scheduled Tribe: 1%
Within 30% reservation for BC, 3.5% reservation will be provided for BC Muslims and 16% of seats out of 18% quota earmarked to SC shall be allotted to the Arunthathiyar community.
BC, BCM, MBC/DNC, SC, SCA & ST candidates are eligible for selection under open competition as per merit in addition to the servation made for them.
Any remaining unfilled seats for want of adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to SCA community shall be filled by candidates belonging to SC community other than Arunthathiyar as per merit and vice versa.(GO (Ms) 55 P & AR Department, Dated:08.04.2010)
b) Any remaining reserved seats in ST Quota for want of adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to ST community shall be allotted to candidates belonging to SC Community as per merit. (GO (Ms) No.77 Health & Family Welfare Department (MCA1) Dated 24.02.2011)
c) Any remaining unfilled seats in BCM Community for want of adequate number of eligible candidates after exhausting the merit list shall be filled up on merit basis by candidates belonging to BC community without exceeding the quota for BC community as a whole (G.O.Ms.No.30/H&FW Dept(MCA1) Dated 18.01.2012)
d) Even after filling up of the required seats reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, such excess number of candidates of Arunthathiyars shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them (As per G.O.Ms.No.65, P & AR (K) Department, Dated:27.07.2009.
VI. Categories of seats:-
24. Students will be admitted under the following categories on merit basis.
Category - I Stipendiary
Category - II Stipendiary (TAHDCO)
(For SC/SCA/ST/SC converted Christians only)
The stipend will be paid as follows for the students admitted in Diploma in Nursing course from 2020-2021 session as per G.O.Ms. No.34/H&FW (PME) Dept. Dated: 07.02.2014.
First Year : Rs. 600/- per month
Second Year : Rs. 700/- per month
Third Year : Rs. 800/- per month
Rs.800/- shall be paid for the period of internship training. The rate of Stipend is liable to be revised at any time without prior notice.
Special categories: -
25.i.Seats earmarked for the Special Categories will be allotted by following the Horizontal Reservation. The Seats will be allotted as per merit order in the concerned special category and those seats will be deducted in the concerned compartment (OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DNC/ SC / SCA / ST) and the remaining seats will be allotted to the General Category.
ii. If adequate numbers of eligible candidates are not available under Special Category the earmarked seats will be reverted back to general category.
iii. The other eligibility conditions for admission will be applicable in the case of General Category
26. Seats reserved for children of ex-servicemen:
(No of seats reserved: 57)
The candidate should furnish a certificate as prescribed in the Format in Annexure-I obtained from the competent authority. The Special Committee from the defence authorities constituted for this purpose will scrutinize certificates submitted by the candidates. Eligible candidates will be selected on merit basis.
27. Seats- reserved for eminent sportsperson:
(No of seats reserved: 3)
Selection will be done by the Common Committee constituted for this purpose. The mode of selection will be made as per the guidelines given in Annexure-III(A),(B)&(C). The candidates are requested to arrange the certificates as per the serial number starting from June 2013 as given in the Annexure III and submit along with the applications. All the particulars are to be filled up as per the guidelines given in the Annexure-III(A),(B)&(C) .
28. Seats reserved for orthopaedically physically disabled:
5% of the total numbers of seats available in Government Colleges are reserved for the Orthopaedically Physically Disabled candidates. Lower limb priority in admission candidates with 61-80% disability/ later to 40- 60% disabled. Non-dominant Upper limb with structurally intact sensale and functional thumb priority in admission to candidates with 51-60% disability later to 40-50% disability. Spine priority in admission to candidates with 51-60% disability later to 40-50% disabled. Limbs & spine priority in admission to candidates with 61-80% disability later to 40-60% disabled. The other conditions for admission to Diploma in Nursing Course will be applicable as in the case of the general category.
a) The candidates are instructed to produce a certificate from the District Medical Board of the area concerned constituted for this purpose assessing the nature and the extent of physical disability in the format prescribed in the Annexure-II(A) & (B).
b) The Medical Certificate issued by the District Medical Board of the area concerned for this purpose is subject to the confirmation of the Expert Committee constituted by the Director of Medical Education at the time of counselling.
c) The Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a recent full size photograph exhibiting the deformity.
d) The Certificate must have been obtained WITHIN THREE MONTHS prior to submitting the online application for seeking admission under this category. If the Certificate has been obtained earlier, the online application will be rejected.
i. The selected candidates will be required to undergo second Medical Examination by a Medical Board constituted for the purpose by the Director of Medical Education to ascertain and confirm the nature and extent of physical disability.
ii) The Candidates with any other disability other than the locomotory disability of the lower limb will not be considered under this special category. Such application will be summarily rejected without any information to the candidate.
iii) The decision of the Director of Medical Education in this regard will be final Candidates who previously applied for Paramedical Degree Courses under Orthopaedically Physically Disabled Category and were rejected by Special Medical Board constituted by the Director of Medical Education for this purpose are not eligible to apply under this category. Such application will be summarily rejected.
iv) Candidates seeking admission under Special Category for the Diploma in Nursing Course (Orthopaedically Physically disabled, Eminent Sportsperson, Children of Ex-Servicemen) shall submit the prescribed format available in the Prospectus along with the application. If the certificates are not enclosed, the candidates will not be considered under that category without any intimation to the candidates.
VII.Duration of the Course: -
29.Three years including six months Internship (As per norms fixed by Indian Nursing Council/ Government).
VIII. Fee details:-
30.All the joined candidates should pay mess fees and other fees.
31.a. The selected candidates will be called for verification of certificates by the Head of Nursing training centre concerned. Candidates will have to produce the original documents at the time of verification. Selection will be cancelled if the candidates do not produce all the original documents as required.
b. All the selected candidates should stay COMPULSORILY IN THE HOSTEL during the entire period of study.
32. The candidates have to undergo Medical examination by the Medical Board constituted at the Training Centre to which they are allotted. Only those candidates found medically fit will be admitted and be permitted to pay the fee.
33. Candidates selected for admission will have to sign the discipline declaration form in Annexure-VII with her Parent / Guardian. Failure to sign the declaration will result in cancellation of allotment.
34. All selection and admission are only provisional. The selection and admission is liable to be cancelled at any time as and when the eligibility conditions are found to be defective or incorrect or there has been any suppression or misrepresentation of facts. The selection committee reserves the right to cancel the allotment.
To view official notification, click on the following link: