- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
JIPMER Invites Online Application For BSc Nursing, BSc Allied Health Sciences Courses, Apply Till 20th January 2023
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has opened the online application window for BSc Nursing and Allied Health Sciences courses for the 2022-23 academic year. As per the notice, the registration window will be open until 20.01.2023 at 5.00 pm. The eligible list will be published on the website www.jipmer.edu.in on or before 30.1.2023. The...
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has opened the online application window for BSc Nursing and Allied Health Sciences courses for the 2022-23 academic year.
As per the notice, the registration window will be open until 20.01.2023 at 5.00 pm. The eligible list will be published on the website www.jipmer.edu.in on or before 30.1.2023. The details regarding counselling and admission will be published on 2.2.2023. The classes will commence on 9.2.2023.
The following are the steps to apply –
2. Entry of candidate details & uploading of required documents
3. Confirmation page
Also Read:DME MP Releases Schedule For Bsc Nursing Counselling For Admission To Government Nursing Colleges
The following are the details related to registration –
1. Click the link on the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate the link ''JIPMER BSc (Nursing & Allied Health Sciences) Courses Admission-2022-23 Academic Year'' and start the registration process.
2. Full name entered by the candidate in the application must match their Govt. Photo ID Card (Aadhaar Card / Pan Card / Identity Card / Driver's License etc.) and XII Mark sheet. (Spelling and Order must be same – if it is not the same, the candidate is advised to change it in the document mentioned above/documents before applying).
3. The candidates should fill in the details carefully. No request for change in the details provided by the candidate in the application will be considered or entertained after submission of the online application.
4. The process of submission of the application online is completed only after clicking the "submit button" after uploading candidate details, Scanned Photograph, scanned community/PwD certificates/NEET UG 2022 score card as applicable, and scanned signature.
5. The candidates are advised to download a copy of their filled-in application.
6. Candidates need not send a hard copy of the completed application to the Institute.
7. If the candidate finds an error of entry committed by them in the application after submitting the application fee, a fresh application should be submitted. The previous application will automatically stand cancelled. No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard.
The certificates to be uploaded along with the registration process –
1. Candidates should upload the National Eligibility cum Entrance test (UG) [NEET (UG) 2022] scorecard in JPEG/JPG/PDF format.
2. Candidates belonging to categories other than UR & P-UR category should upload their caste/community certificate/Income & Asset Certificate.
3. Candidates in the PwD category should upload their PwD certificate.
4. Candidates belonging to the EWS category should upload their Income & Asset Certificate in the format mentioned in Annexure – III.
5. Candidate should scan the Caste/Community/Income & Asset Certificate/PwD certificate (whichever is applicable) and save it as "Community Certificate"/" Income & Asset Certificate"/" PwD certificate" in JPEG/JPG/PDF format. The accepted size limit for each scanned certificate is 800 kB.
The following Bachelor of Science (BSc) Courses (Undergraduate) are offered –
1. BSc Nursing
2. BSc Allied Health Sciences courses
BSc Allied Health Sciences courses include the following courses –
1. Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS)
2. Anaesthesia Technology
3. Bachelor of Optometry
4. Cardiac Laboratory Technology
5. Dialysis Therapy Technology
6. Medical Laboratory Technology in Blood Banking
7. Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology
9. Nuclear Medicine Technology
10. Perfusion Technology
11. Radiotherapy Technology
Duration of the above courses –
BSc Nursing –
BSc Nursing is a full-time 4 years degree course.
BSc Allied Health Sciences courses –
1. Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences is a full-time 4-year course with 3.5 years of theory & practical classes and 6 months of compulsory internship.
2. All other BSc Allied Health Sciences courses are full-time 4 years courses with 3 years of theory & practical classes and 1 year of compulsory internship.
Eligibility criteria for admission to BSc courses –
The candidates should be an Indian National
The candidates should have qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) [ NEET (UG) 2022] conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
The candidates should have completed the age of 17 years (completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2022), the year of their admission to the 1st year BSc courses, i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2006. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants). There is no upper age limit.
The candidates should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below -
1. The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after 12 years of study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
2. The applicant must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology at the qualifying examination.
3. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology taken together in the qualifying examination.
4. For PwD candidates in the general category, the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Botany & Zoology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
The list of applied candidates who are eligible to participate in the counselling will be published under the following categories –
1. Unreserved (UR) Candidates List
2. Other Backward Classes Candidates List
3. Scheduled Caste Candidates List
4. Scheduled Tribe Candidates List
5. Economically Weaker Sections Merit list
6. PwD Candidates List
7. Puducherry -- UR Candidates List
8. Puducherry – OBC Candidates List
9. Puducherry – SC Candidates List
10. Puducherry – ST Candidates List
11. Puducherry –EWS Candidates List
12. Puducherry -PwD Candidates List
Distribution of seats –
181 seats are there for both courses, out of which BSc Nursing has 94 seats and BSc Allied Health Science courses have 87 seats.
Detailed seat matrix –
BSc Nursing –
Seats reserved for Female
Seats reserved for Male
BSc Allied Health Science courses -
Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences
B. Optom. (Bachelor of Optometry)
Cardiac Laboratory Technology
Dialysis Therapy Technology
Medical Laboratory Technology in Blood Banking
Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Persons with Disability (PwD) - 5% of the seats are reserved horizontally to PwD candidates as per ''The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016''.
The candidates should note that the number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives /decisions from Competent Authorities.
Counselling and admission –
1. Counseling for admission to BSc courses will be held in person at JIPMER. The counselling details will be published on the JIPMER website when the eligible candidate's list is declared. Candidates are advised to visit the JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in for updates periodically.
2. Candidates on the published eligible list reporting at the counselling venue within the stipulated time and whose certificates in original are verified and found to be in Order will be allowed to participate in the counselling.
3. No new registrations will be accepted under any circumstances beyond 20.01.2023.
4. Seats will be allotted to candidates based on their choice, merit, and seat availability.
The following lists of documents have to be submitted at the time of admission (all certificates in original, 3 sets of photocopies of all certificates, and 6 recent passport-size colour photographs) –
1. Valid Photo Identity proof
2. Admit Card of NEET (UG) 2022 Exam issued by NTA
3. Result/ Rank letter issued by NTA
4. JIPMER BSc Courses Application form 2022.
5. Proof of Date of Birth (X Std. Certificate or Birth Certificate)
6. Pass the certificate of the qualifying examination.
7. Statement of marks of the qualifying examination (XII Marksheet).
8. Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
9. Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar or Aadhaar card.
10. For candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes-NCL/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe: Community Certificate obtained from the competent authority.
11. For Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) candidates: required Income & Asset Certificate as in Annexure III.
12. Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied or Migration Certificate.
13. For candidates applying under the Puducherry UT quota, Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as in Annexure IV.
14. For PwD candidates: Medical Certificate from the authorized centres as listed in the NTA NEET 2022 Information Bulletin.
15. COVID-19 Vaccination certificate
The candidates note that COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory per the Order of the Director of Health and Family Welfare Services, UT of Puducherry (vide Order No. Misc./Emergency order/12/2021 dated 04th December 2021 (the candidates should have taken at least one dose of vaccine).
Fee structure –
Fee in Rs.
Admission Fee (one time)
Academic Fee / Tuition fee (annual)
JIPMER Students Association Fee (annual)
Learning Resource Fee (annual)
Corpus Fund on Academic Fee (annual)
Identity Card (one time)
Student information details (annual)
Caution Deposit* (one time)
The candidates will have to pay the following penalty for leaving the courses –
Time of mid-stream departure
Penalty to be paid (INR)
Between the allotment of seats in the First counselling & before the Final counselling.
After Final counselling till the end of the First Academic year.
From the Second Academic year to the Final Academic year of the course.
To view the notice, click on