PGIMER issues notice on Round 3 MD, MS Counselling 2020
Chandigarh: Through a recent notice, the PGIMER has informed about the 3 rd Offline Counselling for admission to MD/MS Course (July-2020 session)
3 rd counselling for admission to MD/MS course (July-2020 session) will be held offline at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER Chandigarh on 24th July 2020 at 11:00 AM. List of vacancies/seats available has already been uploaded on PGIMER website. Seats fall vacant due to up-gradation (if any) in the 3 rd counselling will be allotted/filled on the same day during the counselling only.
All the candidates who scored minimum prescribed percentile in their respective category (i.e. Gen/ Sponsored - 55 and PwBD/ RA/ SC/ ST/ OBC - 50) in the examination held on 14.06.2020 are eligible to attend offline/physical counselling. The candidates should bring their rank letter, admit card and other original certificates/testimonials (10+2, MBBS degree, Internship, MCI Registration & Caste certificate).
The personal appearance of the applicant is mandatory. Candidates coming from states other than Chandigarh Tricity should either return within 72 hours to avoid 14 days quarantine or should come prepared to join the course (if allotted seat) and their stay at Chandigarh. The candidates appearing for counselling should wear face masks and maintain social distancing.
The candidates are advised not to accompany more than one the person in the counselling hall to maintain social distancing. The candidates to whom the seats will be allotted have to deposit the requisite a fee of Rs. 2485/- on the spot to confirm the seat. Such candidates will be required to join the institute on or before 28th July 2020 by 1:00 PM.
To view official notice, click on the following link:
Counselling Schedule for MD/MS course for July-2020 session
1st ROUND (ONLINE COUNSELLING)
Registration & Choice Filling By candidates
Choice Filling/ Locking
Processing of seat allotment (for office use)
Result/ Seat Allotment
Payment of fee through SBI epay and downloading Allotment letter
Reporting/ Joining at PGIMER, Chandigarh
24th & 25th
25th June 2020 by 10 PM
26th June, 2020
27th June 2020, 10 AM
29th Jun to 1st Jul, 2020, by 9 AM.
1st July 2020 at 9 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
2ND ROUND (ONLINE COUNSELLING)
(Seat matrix for 2nd round of counselling will be uploaded on PGIMER website on 6th July 2020 at 5 PM)
8th to 9th July,
9th July 2020 by 10 PM
10th July, 2020
11th July 2020, 10 AM
13th to 18th July 2020, by 9 AM.
18th July, 2020 at 9 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
3rd ROUND (OFFLINE AT PGIMER, Chandigarh)
(Seat matrix for V round of counselling will be uploaded on PGIMER website on 21st July 2020 at 11 AM)
3rd Round of counselling will be held offline at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh on 24th July 2020 at 12 Noon.
28th July 2020 at 11 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
SPOT COUNSELLING (OFFLINE AT PGIMER, Chandigarh)
(Seat matrix for spot counselling will be uploaded on PGIMER website on 29th July 2020 at 11 AM)
Spot counselling will be held offline at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh on 31" July 2020 at 12 Noon.
31st July 2020 at 11 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
3. For second counselling all candidates who secured 55/50/45 percentile or above in their respective category will be eligible for exercising their choices of preference of specialization against vacant seats. The candidates already participated in 1st round of counselling will also be required to exercise their choices of preferences afresh to make them eligible for the second round of counselling.
4. Candidates already joined the course after the first round of counselling and interested for degradation are also eligible to exercise their choices of preferences afresh in a subsequent round of counselling. However, fee already paid will be forfeited at the time of joining upgraded choice.
5. All vacant seats irrespective of any category (Other than Foreign Nation, Bhutani Nation and Sponsered Category) will be thrown open in Spot round and filled as per common merit list. If the candidate do not join by the due date given in the admission letter, his/her seat will be declared open and filled in subsequent rounds of counselling.
6. 3rd and Spot counselling will be physical counselling and be held at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER Chandigarh.
7. If a candidate joined any course then he/she will be eligible for upgradation in all rounds of counselling, but on joining upgraded choice the fee deposited by him/ her shall be forfeited. In this case, no penalty shall be levied from him/her.
8. If a candidate joined any course and leave after all rounds of counselling/ midway of training shall be levied penalty given in the prospectus.
Please visit the website www.pgimer.edu.in as all-important notices/corrigendum/ addendum/ updates etc. will only be uploaded on the website.