PGIMER issues notice on Spot counselling for MD, MS admissions July 2020
Chandigarh: Through a recent notice, the PGIMER has informed about the Spot counselling for admission to MD/MS course (July-2020 session). The authorities have also released the seat matrix for the counselling session.
SPOT counselling for admission to MD/MS course (July-2020 session) will be held offline at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER Chandigarh on 31st July 2020 at 11:00 AM. All eligible and interested candidates are to be seated in the hall by 10:30 AM on above date and venue. The counselling will start sharply at 11:00 AM. List of vacancies/seats has been uploaded on PGIMER website. Seats fall vacant due to up-gradation (if any) in the SPOT counselling will be allotted/filled on the same day during the counselling only.
1. All the candidates who scored minimum prescribed percentile in their respective categories (i.e. Gen/ Sponsored - 55 and PwBD/ RA/ SC/ ST/ OBC/ FN - 50) in the entrance examination held on 14.06.2020 are eligible to attend the counselling.
2. The candidates should bring their rank letter, admit card and other original certificates/testimonials (10+2, MBBS degree, Internship, MCI Registration, Caste certificate etc.) as mentioned in the MD/MS prospectus.
3. The candidates to whom the seats will be allotted have to deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 2485/- on the spot to confirm the seat. All such candidates have to join the course immediately after concluding the SPOT counselling. No extra time for joining shall be given to any candidate. If any candidate shows inability to join the course due to any reason, his/her seat shall be cancelled on the spot and allotted to the next eligible candidate.
4. The seats shown in the columns of PwBD & Rural Area in the seat matrix uploaded are already included in the vacancy position shown in the column of General (Gen).
5. After the counselling of eligible candidates of reserved categories, the seats remain unfilled will be converted to General Seats. These seats will be filled strictly on the basis of Common Merit Rank irrespective of any category.
6. The seats remain unfilled under SPONSORED & FOREIGN NATIONAL category will not be converted to General Seats. These seats will be carried forward to next session.
7. The personal appearance of the applicant is mandatory. Candidates coming from states other than Chandigarh/Tricity should either return within 72 hours to avoid 14 days quarantine or should come prepared to join the course (if allotted seat) and their stay at Chandigarh.
8. The candidates are advised not to accompany more than one person in the counselling hall to maintain social distancing.
To view official notice, click on the following link: