- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
DNB Online Counselling Round 1: NBE informs about inaction
New Delhi: With the Round 1 DNB counselling results being declared, the National Board of Examinations has informed the candidates about the inaction if done, with regard to the seats allotted to them during the procedure.After the seats are allotted to participating candidates, they are required to give official confirmation on either acceptance or rejection of the said seats. Informing...
New Delhi: With the Round 1 DNB counselling results being declared, the National Board of Examinations has informed the candidates about the inaction if done, with regard to the seats allotted to them during the procedure.
After the seats are allotted to participating candidates, they are required to give official confirmation on either acceptance or rejection of the said seats.
Informing about the inaction on the same, the NBE recently issued a notice which clearly implies that all the candidates who were allotted a seat during the First round of counselling but did not opt to freeze of the same will be eligible to participate in the second round of Counselling.
If there is inaction i.e. the candidate neither chooses Yes for locking and Freezing of the seat leading to payment and exit from the counseling process nor chooses No which leads to release of the seat and opting for proceeding for second round of counseling, the System will read Inaction as No with release of the Allotted seat and the candidate will be moved by the System to the second round of counseling.
Candidates who have registered for the counselling and have not been allotted any DNB seat also move automatically to the second round of counselling.To view the notice, click on the link given below:
DNB Counselling Round 2
1. The Indicative seat matrix for the Second round of counseling shall comprise of the seats that are still vacant after the First round of counseling as well as any new seats that may have been added for allotment in the Second round of counseling.
2. All candidates who have not been allotted any seat during the First round of counseling will be eligible for Second round of counseling.
3. All candidates who have been allotted with a seat in the First round of counseling but have opted not to freeze the same, shall also be eligible for the Second round of counseling.
NOTE: - Any candidate who has opted for freezing of his/her allotment pursuant to the First round of counseling, but has either not paid the course fee or has not joined the institute shall not be eligible for consideration either in the Second round or any subsequent round thereafter. He/she would stand exited from the entire counseling process for the 2020 Admission Session.
4. The panel of choice will be re-opened for all the eligible candidates mentioned above to re-shuffle/re-arrange their higher order choices and also allow to add new choices.
5. The allotment of seats in the Second round of counseling will be made as per the choice preference arranged/selected by the candidates and in accordance with their merit.
6. The candidate who wishes to freeze the seat so allotted to him/her, shall have to do so by paying the one-year course fee of Rs 1,25,000/- (excluding of payment gateway charges) within the stipulated time. On the payment of the one year course fees the seat allotted to him/her will be frozen in his/her favour and he/she will not be eligible for any further round of counseling.
7. The candidates who opt for freezing of the seat allotted to them but do not pay the course fee within the stipulated time shall have lost the seat allotted to them, which will be made available to other candidates in the subsequent rounds of counseling.
Such candidates shall not be eligible for any subsequent round of counseling and shall stand exited from 2020 Admission Session counseling process.
8. A candidate who has paid his/her one year course fee will be entitled to download the allotment letter from the website of the NBE.
9. After the receipt of the allotment letter, the candidate is required to join the institute concerned within seven (7) days, failing which the candidate would have lost his/her admission to the said seat.
10. The candidate must also get his original documents verified before joining the institute. A candidate who does not either join the institute or have his original documents verified by the institute within seven (7) days shall loose his admission to the said seat and shall not be eligible for any subsequent round of counseling. The said seat shall be taken back and shall be made available for further allotment in subsequent round of the counseling.
NBE at present conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in approved specialties leading to the award of Diplomate of National Board. The Medical Council of India has laid down standards for postgraduate examinations conducted by various medical colleges and affiliated to concerned universities and other institutions, yet the levels of proficiency and standards of evaluation vary considerably in these institutions.
Garima joined Medical Dialogues in the year 2017 and is currently working as a Senior Editor. She looks after all the Healthcare news pertaining to Medico-legal cases, MCI/DCI decisions, Medical Education issues, government policies as well as all the news and updates concerning Medical and Dental Colleges in India. She is a graduate from Delhi University and pursuing MA in Journalism and Mass Communication. She can be contacted at email@example.com Contact no. 011-43720751