Department Of Pharmaceuticals to release vacancies for Consultants, Young Professionals; Details
New Delhi: Through a recent release, the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP) has informed about the hiring of Non-technical Consultants in the department on a contract basis.
DoP has proposed to engage 11 Non-technical Consultants and has decided to publish a newspaper advertisement in this regard. The last date of closing will be 21 days from the date of the advertisement in the newspaper.
The Non-technical Consultants will be hired under three different categories including one post each for Consultant(Non- technical, Grade-I), 04 Consultants (Non-technical, Grade-II), and 06 Young Professionals(Non-Tech) as Consultants.
Consultants (Non-tech) and Young Professionals (NonTech) will have to perform office work as assigned from time to time. Consultants (Non-tech) will have to assist the senior officers/officials to carry out their duties. Young Professionals will be posted in various sections/Divisions for assisting the regular work like noting, drafting of the letter, reply to the communication received from various other Departments, statutory bodies, PSUs, etc.
The number of Consultants/Young Professionals and Eligibility Criteria are as under:-
(A) Consultant Non-tech (Grade-I)- 01 Post
Degree in any disciplines or equivalent degree/diploma
3 years' working experience as a Personal Assistant field preferably under Government/PSU setup.
(B) Consultant Non-tech (Grade-II)- 04 Posts
Degree in any disciplines or equivalent degree/diploma
3 years' working experience as Private Secretary under Government/PSU setup.
(C) Young Professional- 06 Posts
A Bachelor/degree in any stream from any recognized University-national or foreign.
Comprehension skills, Good noting, and drafting knowledge.
3 years' experience.
The upper age limit for the Consultants and young professionals shall be 64 years.
(i) Consultant Non-tech (Grade-I) - Rs. 50,000/- fixed
(ii) Consultant Non-tech (Grade-II) - Rs. 65,000/- fixed
(iii) Young Professionals - Rs. 50,000/- fixed
(b). The Consolidated remuneration will include applicable taxes and no other allowance will be paid. In case of retired Government Servants appointed as Consultant(Grade-I/Grade-II) non-technical posts, the above remuneration will be computed with a pension so as not to exceed last pay drawn minus pension plus Current D.A. No other allowance will be admissible.
(c ) Annual increment at 5% on consolidated remuneration may be awarded to the Consultants/Young Professionals on completion of one year of service and who have been considered for continuation of service based on satisfactory performance for the subsequent year.
5. Tax Deduction at Source: The income tax or any other tax liable to be deducted as per prevailing rule, will be deducted at the source before releasing the payment and the Department will issue a TDS Certificate as the case may be. The Department takes no liability for taxes or other contributions payable by the Individual Consultants on payment made under the contract.
6. TA/DA: - The Individual consultant may be required to undertake domestic tours subject to the approval of the Competent Authority and they will be allowed TA/DA reimbursement at par as admissible to Under Secretary to the Government of India.
7. Leave:-Individual Consultant/Young Professionals shall be eligible for 8 days leave during the period of one year on a pro-rata basis besides the Gazetted holidays. However, un-availed leave shall not be carried forward, in case of extension beyond one year. 'No work no pay' will be applicable during the period of the contract if more than prescribed leave will be taken.
8. Standards of Conduct: -The consultants and Young Professional shall comply with all laws/rules and regulations bearing upon the performance of their duties. Failure to comply with the same is grounds for termination of the services of the individual consultant.
9. Prohibition of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: - During the performance of their duties, the individual Consultant shall comply with the Sexual harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention. Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. Any breach of the provisions thereof shall grounds for termination of his services. Any further action may also be recommended for appropriate legal action.
10. Other Terms & Conditions of the Contract for Consultants and YPs -
(i) (a) Candidates shall be hired on a contractual basis for a given period of work or for a period up to 1 year. This term can be extended up to 3 years depending on the performance of the candidate or need of the Department.
(b) The Consultants shall be selected by a Selection Committee set up by the Department.
(ii) The contract can be terminated at any time by the Department giving one month's notice without assigning any reason. The services can also be terminated if the competent authority is dissatisfied with their performance.
(iii) The Consultant shall perform the duties assigned to him. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and when required. No extra/additional allowance will be admissible in case of such an assignment.
(iv) Basic support like office space, furniture, stationery, computer, access to the internet, etc. will be provided by the Department so that assigned duties may be handled smoothly.
(v) Selected Personnel hired as Consultants will be offered appointment letters to get the assignment. They would be required to join within the prescribed period as indicated in the appointment letter.
(vi) The Consultant shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Insurance, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority, Promotion, etc. or any other benefits available to a Government Servant appointed on regular basis.
(vii) The Consultant will not be granted any claim or right or preference for regular appointment to any post in the Government set up.
(viii) The Consultant shall not be entitled to any TA for joining the appointment.
(ix) If any declaration is given or information furnished by the Consultant proves to be false or if he/she is found to have willfully suppressed any material information, he/she will be liable for removal from such contract and also such other action as the Government may deem necessary.
(x) The hiring/contract will be subject to physical fitness and the Consultant is required to submit a certificate to this effect at the time of joining.
Last Date of Closing: 21 days from the date of advertisement in the newspaper.
The Department of Pharmaceuticals was created on 1 July 2008 under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers with the objective to give focused attention on the Development of the Pharmaceuticals Sector; ensure availability of quality medicines at affordable prices and to promote R&D including International Cooperation. This Department is required to share an expert opinion on matters related to drugs, Medical devices, Pricing, etc., and also comments are being frequently asked by other Ministries/ Departments and other agencies relating to pharmaceuticals. This Department also implements flagship schemes for which technical and implementation support by technical experts is important. Hence, for helping the department in effective delivery of work, particularly relating to work of technical nature requiring domain knowledge and expertise, it has been proposed to engage the following technical consultants in the Department.
For more details click on the link below-