Indian Nursing Council increases National Florence Nightingale Nurses Awards 2020; Invites applications
New Delhi: The Indian Nursing Council has informed about the increase in National Florence Nightingale Nurses Awards 2020 while inviting nominations from all the states and Union territories (UT) of the country.
The award will be given on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Florence J Nightingale on 12th May 2020. The award is given to outstanding nursing personnel employed in Central, State/UTs, Private, Missionary and Voluntary Organizations. The award consists of Cash Award of Rs. 50,000/-, a certificate and a Medal. Apart from the Nursing Personnel working in the State, Central, Autonomous institutions, the Nursing Personnel working in Private, Missionary and Voluntary Organisations are also eligible for the National Florence Nightingale Nurses Award and their application may also be forwarded after considering it in State Level Selection Committee in accordance with the laid down procedure. subject to their- fulfilling the requirements.
Earlier, the awards were handled by the nursing section of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW). However, for this year, the award has been transferred to the Indian Nursing Council.
Selection criteria, applications form, instructions for preparing the resume of the nominee, composition of the State Level Selection Committee and procedure for selection of nominees for the award.
- Wide publicity may be given in the State to all the concerned Stakeholders by issuing necessary circulars and up-loading the enclosed documents on the official website of the State
- It may please be ensured that applications for the nominations are received from Private and Missionary institution also apart from government
- Representatives of the Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI) at the State Level or Associations should be included in the Selection
- It should be ensured that the panel of names should include nominations in each of the three categories i.e. Nurses, Auxiliary Nurse Midwives and Lady Health Visitors.
- It should be ensured that only such candidates are nominated who fulfil the criteria and proven evidence of outstanding work in their field and all the nominations are to be placed before the State Selection Committee
Recently, the INC has informed that the numbers of awards have been enhanced by Ministry of health and family affairs from existing thirty five (35) to fifty one (51) from the year 2020 onwards as detailed below:-
Increase From 2020
Nurses - 20 (Twenty)
ANMs - 12 (Twelve)
LHVs - 03(Three)
ANMs - 17(Seventeen)
Accordingly annexure 1 to INC letter dated 25/11/2019 may be treated as modified as above for the number of awards. It is requested that 5 panels of names for each category may please be sent to Indian Nursing Council latest by 13 February, 2020.
Other terms and conditions / guidelines for sending nominations for the awards for the year 2020 remain same. Please note that the award ceremony is normally scheduled on 12th May every year and accordingly the nominations are to reach INC on top priority basis.
For more details, click on the notice attached below