PCPNDT Training Course in Abdomino-Pelvic Ultrasonography: Rajasthan DME issues notice for MBBS Doctors
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Medical Education Department has issued a notification regarding the allotment of eligible MBBS doctors who had applied to pursue a training course in Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) i.e. PCPNDT.
The 6 months Training Course in the Fundamentals in Abdomino-Pelvic Ultrasonography is said to a Level 1 course for MBBS Doctors under Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) (Six Months Training) Rules, 2014 as per the Gazette notification dated 09.01.2014.
Informing about the allotment of the NEET PG 2019 passouts, the state's Medical Education Department has issued a notification which clearly states:
The PG Medical and Dental Admission/Counseling Board-2019 would make allotments to the candidates for the above referred 6 months Training Course, in accordance with merit list prepared on the basis of score of NEET PG 2019 and availability of seat as per the seat matrix (out of the eligible candidates who have registered for the same)
To view the Merit list click here
The notification further informs all such candidates to be physically present on 19.06.2019 at 11.00 AM sharp at the office of the Principal, SMS Medical Colleges, Jaipur along with all relevant original documents and photocopies of the same.
View the detailed notification here
Nomenclature of the Six months training in Ultrasonography.-
The six months training imparted under these rules shall be known as “the Fundamentals in Abdomino- Pelvic Ultrasonography: Level one for MBBS Doctors”.
Period of the training.- The period of training for obtaining a certificate of training shall be 300 clock hours.
Components of the six months training curriculum.-
(1) The major components of the training curriculum shall be -
(a) theory based knowledge to equip registered medical practitioners with the knowledge, professional skills, attitudes and clinical competencies;
(b) skill Based knowledge;
(c) log book and Assessment.
(2) The comprehensive syllabus for the said six months training is as specified in Schedule I.
(3) The details related to log book and assessment are as specified in Schedule II.
Eligibility for training.-
(1) Any registered medical practitioner shall be eligible for undertaking the said six months training.
(2) The existing registered medical practitioners, who are conducting ultrasound procedures in a Genetic Clinic or Ultrasound Clinic or Imaging Centre on the basis of one year experience or six month training are exempted from undertaking the said training provided they are able to qualify the competency-based assessment specified in Schedule II and in case of failure to clear the said competency-based exam, they shall be required to undertake the complete six months training, as provided under these rules, for the purpose of renewal of registrations
NEET PG 2019 was conducted on January 6 2019, by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), an autonomous organisation of the Health Ministry. MBBS graduates have to take the entrance examination, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation courses, NEET PG, which is the gateway to PG medical courses in the country such as Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD) as well as PG Diploma courses.