Gujarat: Massive Fire engulfs Dwarka Hospital building
Rajkot: A massive fire engulfed a four-story hospital building owned by a dentist on Tuesday afternoon.
During the time of the incident, a doctor, a patient, and another person were inside the building. However, they managed to vacate the building and no casualties were reported.
As per recent media reports, huge flames were seen coming out of the Aditya Hospital, owned by the dentist Dr Prithwiraj Chauhan. Immediately, the Fire department of the city municipality was informed that reached the spot and took measures. They contained the fire successfully and stated the reason for the fire could have been short circuit.
"We rushed to the spot as soon as we received the fire call. It took us almost an hour to bring the blaze under control. Short-circuit may have sparked the fire in the hospital from either the ground floor or first floor in the building," a fire officer from Dwarka municipality told TOI.
The fire caused a heavy loss as the medical store located on the ground floor of the hospital got destroyed in the accident. The front portion of the hospital was also gutted in the blaze. The inferno gutted all the expensive medicines, medical equipment, and furniture. It reached the nearby house even before the fire brigade could contain the fire. reports Divya Bhaskar.