MBBS in Gujarat: Check out admission process, eligibility, seat distribution, instructions
Ahmedabad: In the notification issued by the Admission Committee for Professional Post Graduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPPGMEC), the information for admissions into medical colleges of the state were listed out. All the updates provided in the prospectus can be viewed as under, which includes information of registration and admission process, eligibility criteria, seat distribution as well as other details on admissions into all medical colleges under the state.
In the detailed information that has been provided, the candidates can find all the specifications of the admission process of the session 2020.
PROCESS OF ONLINE ADMISSION
The admission process of the years has been laid out in major six steps for Online Admission:
2)Document Verification: To confirm registration
3)Preparation and Publication of Merit List
4)Online Choice Filling & Allotment of Admission
5)Payment of Tuition Fees
6)Original Document Submission: To confirm admission
Major six processes of Online Admission :
Document Verification: To confirm registration
Preparation and Publication of Merit List
Online Choice Filling & Allotment of Admission
Payment of Tuition Fees
Original Document Submission: To confirm admission
For the online registration process, the candidate will have to make an online pin purchase from the website. After visiting the website, he/she shall have to fill the NEET-UG details and authentication through PIN. He/she has to fill the other details, generate a password after which a confirmation of the filled details is to done. After the confirmation, The candidate is instructed to take a print out of the registration details for further reference.
ONLINE PIN Purchase: From http://medadmgujarat.org/ug/home.aspx
Filling of NEET-UG details and authentication through PIN
Filling of Candidate's other details
Confirmation of filled details
Take Print-out of Registration Details [Registration Details
In the step of Preparation and Publication of merit list, the ACPUGMEC shall prepare and declare merit list of all eligible candidates. For this, the candidates will have to verify their merit number and category mentioned in their registration details.In the fourth step of Online Choice filling & Allotment of admission, choice filling shall be initiated online for each round for the students listed in the merit list. Once the process is done with, ACPUGMEC will process the allotment of seats and declare the status of allotment online.The fifth step for Online Admission, the candidate has to pay the requisite amount of tuition fee of his/her allotted institute by cash/DD at any of designated bank branches or through online payment within the time limit specified.The last step for admission is the submission of original documents at the help centres as per his/her category along with Allotment Letter of the respective round and receipt of payment of tuition fee.
It is to be noted that in the event of non-submission of the documents or receipt, the student shall have no right to admission.
GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION IN NRI QUOTA SEATS
In a separate guideline for admission process for interested NRI candidates, the state has issued identification specifics that read:
Resident in India: Person Resident in India means:
i. Person Resides in India for more than 182 days during the course of preceding financial year but does not include:
(A) A person who has gone out of India or who stays outside India, in either case:
- for or on taking up employment outside India; or
- for carrying on outside India a business or vocation outside India; or
- for any other purpose, in such circumstances as would indicate his intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period.
(B) A person who has come to or stay in India, in either case, otherwise than:
- for or on taking up employment in India, or
- for carrying on in India a business or vocation in India, or
- for any other purpose, in such circumstances as would indicate his intention to stay in India for an uncertain period;
- Any person or body corporate registered or incorporated in India;
iii. An Office, Branch or Agency in India owned or controlled by a person resides outside India;
- An Office, Branch or Agency in India owned or controlled by a person resides in India.
Interested NRI candidates should refer to the following guidelines to view the Eligibility criteria:
- (i) A candidate shall be a Non-Resident Indian, or
(ii) His/her parents or in absence of his/her parents, his/her legal guardian shall be Non-Resident India.
- The candidate must have obtained minimum qualifying marks in 12th Standard as per regulatory Council.
- The candidate should have appeared in NEET-UG examination current academic year and have been declared "Qualified".
- A candidate shall have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st December of the Academic Year for which the admissions are being conducted.
- "Provisional Eligibility Certificate" should be obtained from concerned University within one month of admission.
Documents for NRI candidates includes the following:
Application will be considered only if it is accompanied by copies of the following certificates, duly notarized.
- Print-out of Online Application
- School Leaving Certificate or other document showing place of birth
- H.S.C.E. / Equivalent Examination mark sheet
- Mark Sheet of NEET-UG examination current academic year
- Transcript – for abroad student.
- Equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi if passed H.S.C. Examination from outside India – for abroad student.
- Passport (Notarized color photocopies of all pages including blank Pages) of NRI/NRI Parents
- Visa / Resident permit / OCI / PIO card as applicable (Notarized Colour Photocopy)
- Address proof (Indian) (Notarized Colour Photocopy)
- Address proof (Foreign) (Notarized Colour Photocopy)
- Undertaking in regard for the fees from NRI Student/Parent (on 300 Rs. Stamp paper)
- Document/s for Proof of Origin (Citizenship Card/P.R. Card etc.) (Notarized Colour Photocopy)
Eligibility for Admission candidate who desires admission shall-
(1) be a citizen of India;
Provided that a candidate whose parents are origin of India, and do not hold Indian citizenship and have applied for Indian citizenship, shall produce the proof of submission of such application to the Admission Committee before the date of counseling.
Such candidates shall be admitted provisionally subject to submission of the certificate of their having acquired the Indian citizenship on or before 31st July of next year, failing which their provisional admission shall be treated as cancelled without any notice.
Provided further that candidates seeking admission on Non-Resident Indian seat shall be NonResident Indian or children or wards of a Non-Resident Indian.
(2) have completed 17 years of age on the 31st December of the Academic Year for which the admissions are being conducted;
(3) have passed the 10th and 12th qualifying examination with "B-group" or "AB-group" from-
(i) The Gujarat Board; or
(ii) The Central Board of Secondary Education provided that the school in which the candidate has studied, is located in the State of Gujarat; or
(iii) The Council of Indian School Certificate Examinations Board, New Delhi provided that the school in which the candidate has studied, is located in the State of Gujarat:
Provided that a candidate seeking admission on Non-Resident Indian seat must have passed the qualifying examination front anywhere with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
In sub-rule (3), after clause (iii) and before the proviso thereunder the following clauses shall be added, namely, in terms of Gazette Notification, GP-9-MCG-1018-SFS-23-J, dated 4th May, 2018:-
(iv) The International School Board (International Baccalaureate and Cambridge) provided that the school in which the candidate has studied, is located in the State of Gujarat; or
(v) The National Institute of Open Schooling provided that the school in which the candidate has studied, is located in the State of Gujarat.
In sub-rule (3), after the first proviso, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely, in terms of Gazette Notification, GP-12/MCG/1018/SFS/23/J, dated 15th June, 2019;
"Provided further that for the purpose of admission for the academic year 2019-20 only, the candidates who have studied and passed 10th standard from the school located outside the state of Gujarat shall also be eligible";
(4) have qualified in NEET conducted in current academic year in case of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BNAT; In terms of Gazette Notification, GP-39-MCG-1018-SFS-23-J, dated 8th October, 2020 following changes are made:
(5) Minimum qualifying standard for admission: No candidate shall be admitted in the professional medical educational courses unless he fulfills the eligibility criteria including the minimum qualifying percentage/percentile
Medical and dental degree aspirants now have the latest information on seat distribution in medical colleges divided into Government Seats, Management Seats and NRI Seats into 75% of total sanctioned seats, 10% of total sanctioned seats and 15% of total sanctioned seats, respectively. The prospectus lists the seat distribution as:
- Self- Financed Medical and Dental Colleges
i.Government Seats (GQ): 75% seats of total sanctioned seats
ii. Management Seats (MQ): 10% seats of total sanctioned seats
iii. NRI Seats (NQ) (NQ)]: 15% seats of total sanctioned seats
INSTRUCTION FOR ADMISSION CONFIRMATION
The candidates willing to take admission for the session are to take prior appointment for the document submission at Help Center with an option to select the date, help center at the time of printing of allotment letter.
As per the notice, Candidate who have been allotted seat for first time in any round will have to get the following original documents after making fee payment:
- Allotment Letter of ACPUGMEC
- Receipt of Payment of of Tuition Fee at Bank
- Tuition Fee Receipt generated thru' Admission Module
- Print Copy NEET-UG mark-sheet of current academic year
- Std. 10th Marksheet
- Std. 12th Marksheet
- Document showing place of birth & Date of Birth & Indian Citizenship (School leaving Certificate/ Transfer Certificate/ Passport/ Birth Certificate)
- Domicile Certificate (with signature and stamp of Authority) issued by Competent Authorities (Mamlatdar / Executive Magistrate / Commissioner of Police) of Gujarat State only
- For SEBC, ST and SC Category: Caste certificate issued by Competent Authorities of Gujarat State only
- For SEBC Category: Non-creamy layer certificate (Parishistha '4' in Gujarati/English) issued by Competent Authorities of Gujarat State only
- For EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) Category: EWS certificate issued by Competent Authorities of Gujarat State only [
- Copy of Passport (if Citizenship is Dual)
- Fitness Certificate
- Any other document as per requirement
In the instructions for the candidates who have not been upgraded, meaning that no change in admitted college has been made, in the second round need not to report at the help center.
In the instructions for the candidates whose allotment have been upgraded, with change in admitted college, will have to mandatorily report at the help center for confirmation of admission to get thir Admission Order. It is to be noted that if the instructions are not carefully followed, he/she might get her admissions cancelled.
For admission confirmation of the NRI candidates, they have to confirm the admission by reporting at Help Center after a collecting tuition fee made at the first round to make proceedings in the next round into admitted college.
It is mandatory to carry original documents mentioned with the candidates throughout.
ADMISSION CANCELLATION & FEE REFUND
Admitted candidates , in an event to cancel admission, shall have to confirm their admission after submitting the original documents at the Help Center. It is also informed that the same seat will not be available to such candidates for subsequent round of admission. The documents that have to submitted for the purpose before final collection of the same, are:
- Original admission order of ACPUGMEC [
- Fee receipt/ challan - photocopy
- Self-attested photocopy of Allotment Letter of All India Quota/ Deemed/ Central Universities / Other State Counseling OR application of cancellation if not admitted anywhere
- ID Proof - photocopy
- Authority letter (In case parents/representatives want to collect the documents)
The fee refund process will start after the completion of admission process for the eligible candidates for refund from the tuition fee paid at ACPUGMEC. For the purpose, the candidates will have to fill the details regarding their refund, admitted institute and bank account (Bank Name, Account Holder Name, Bank Account No., Bank MICR No., IFSC No.) in Admission Module. The amount will be refunded online which will be processed with a confirmation message.
For NRI candidates, the refund fee paid at APUGMEC the details have to be given for their Indian bank accounts.
Additionally, in an Important Notice of the admission, the candidates have been notified of the following in the guidelines given:
• Do not reveal your PIN, password and user ID to unknown persons so that no one can misuse it.
• Take photo of PIN number and store in mobile, send photo to your parents and brother / sister and tell them to store them, send email of photo to you & your parents / brother / sister.
• Write User ID and password on paper and take a photo of it, store in mobile, send photo to your parents and brother / sister and tell them to store them, send email of photo to you & your parents / brother / sister.
• Provide two mobile numbers as admission committee will send the messages for admission process (The mobile number of you and the guardian).
• Frequently visit the committee's website for necessary instructions and updates.
• Admission committee will not cancel your admission under any circumstances after the admission process is completed.
• Allotment letter is not an admission order.
Next up, for the document verification at the help centre to confirm registration , the candidates are provided with a list of designated help centres for their reference, which is:
Annexure I – List of Designated Help Centers
Name of Institute
B. J Medical College, Ahmedabad
Civil Hospital Campus, Asarwa, Ahmedabad-380016
Government Medical College, Vadodara
SSG Hospital Compound, Anandpura, Vadodara
Government Medical College, Bhavnagar
Near S.T Bus Stand, Jail Road, Bhavnagar-364001
Government Medical College, Surat
Majuragate, Surat - 395 001
Shri M. P. Shah Government Medical College, Jamnagar
Pandit Nehru Marg, Jamnagar - 361008
Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot
Civil Hospital Campus, Jamnagar Road, Rajkot 360001
GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar
Civil Hospital Campus, Sector – 12, Gandhinagar – 382016
GMERS Medical College, Dharpur, Patan
Patan-Unjha Highway, Dharpur, Patan – 384265
GMERS Medical College, Sola, Ahmedabad
Near New Gujarat High Court, S.G. Highway Road, Sola,
GMERS Medical College, Gotri, Vadodara
Old TB Hospital Campus, Vadodara - 390021
GMERS Medical College, Valsad
Civil Hospital Campus, Halar Road, Nankwada, Valsad396001
GMERS Medical College, Himmatnagar
Near Government Polytechnic, Hadiyol - Gadhoda Road, Himmatnagar - 383001
GMERS Medical College, Junagadh
Near Majewadi Gaite, Peddock Road, Junagadh
Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College,
Ellis Bridge, Ahmedabad-380 006
AMCMET Medical College, Ahmedabad
Sheth L.G. Hospital Campus, Maninagar, Ahmedabad380008
Surat Municipal Institute of Medical
Education & Research (SMIMER), Surat
Opp. Bombay Market, Umarwada, Surat-395010
Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad
Gokalnagar, Karamsad 388325
C. U. Shah Medical College, Surendranagar
Dudhrej Road, Surendranagar-363001
Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhuj
G. K. General Hospital Campus Bhuj – 370001, Kachchh
GCS Medical College, Ahmedabad
Opp. DRM Office, Naroda Road, Ahmedabad 380025
Parul Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Post. Limda, Dist. Vadodara
P.O. Limda, Ta. Waghodia, Dist. Vadodara. Pin-391760
Banas Medical College & Research Institute, Palanpur
At & Post: Moriya, Ta: Palanpur, Dist.: Banaskantha, Gujarat -385001
Shatabaa Medical College, Amreli
Civil Hospital Campus, Lathi Road, Amreli-365601
Zydus Medical College and Hospital, Dahod
At & Po. Nimnaliya, Muvaliya, Dahod, Ta- Dist Dahod, Pin 38915.
Nootan Medical College & Research Centre, Visnagar
Sankalchand Patel Vidhyadham, Ambaji - Gandhinagar Link Road, Visnagar - 384315
Dr. Kiran C. Patel Medical College & Research Institute, Bharuch
New Civil Hospital Campus, Bharuch – 392001
Government Dental College and Hospital,
Civil Hospital Campus, Asarwa, Ahmedabad-380016
Government Ayurved College, Junagadh
Pancheshwar Road, Junagadh Pin Code: 362001
Sheth J.P. Government Ayurved College, Bhavnagar
Opp. Pill Garden, Panwadi Chowk, Bhavnagar. 364001
Rajkot Homoeopathic Medical College, Gondal Road, Rajkot
B/H Jaynath Complex, Near Makkm Chowk, Gondal Road, Rajkot-360002
DOCUMENTS TO BE VERIFIED
The list of the documents to be verified in this stage have also been listed out in the prospectus, namely, Qualifying examination document, NEET-UG marksheet of current academic year, Proof of birth place, Proof of birth date and other selectively applied necessary documents along with certificate physical fitness.
Annexure II – List of Documents to be Verified
Name of Document
NEET-UG mark-sheet of current academic year
NEET-UG-2020 mark-sheet, downloaded from NTA website
Proof of Birth Place
List of acceptable documents (any one) :
Proof of Birth Date
List of acceptable documents (any one):
For Candidates Born Outside
Domicile certificate issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat
For Scheduled Caste (SC) candidate
Certificate belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat in that behalf
For Scheduled Tribes (ST)
Certificate belonging to Scheduled Tribes (ST) issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat in that behalf
For Socially and Educationally
Backward Classes (SEBC) candidate
Backward Classes (SEBC)
Note: Both certificates issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat in that behalf
For Economically Weaker Sections
Certificate belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat in that behalf
For Person with Disability (PwD)
Certificate of Disability issued by the authority empowered
by the Government
For local candidate of Ahmedabad
The certificate of local candidate from the Dean of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad (It will be issued only after publication of NEET-UG results).
For local candidate of Surat ]સુરતના
The certificate of local candidate from the Dean of Surat
Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research, Surat (It will be issued only after publication of NEET-UG results).
For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) candidate
OCI card issued by competent authority of Central
Government of India
Certificate Physical Fitness
Certificate of Physical Fitness in the prescribed form obtained from a registered medical practitioner
Note: Prescribed form is available on official website of ACPUGMEC ]
Children of defense personnel
To view the prospectus, click on the following link: