Madurai Medical College Anaesthetist dies after doctor husband Administers Injection
Madurai: A Madurai-based Anaesthetist died hours after her husband, who also happens to be associated with the medical profession allegedly administered her injection for the body pain following which she started vomiting and was rushed to a private hospital where she breathe her last.
The medico has been identified as a 26-year-old Post-Graduation medical (PG Medical) student in anaesthesia at the Madurai Medical College. Her husband is also a student at the same institution.
Following the death of the medico, her father has filed a case with the Avaniyapuram police station. Based on the same, the Police have registered a case under the IPC section (174) - suspicious death. The body of the late medico was shifted to Government Rajaji Hospital for an autopsy.
As per the latest media report by the Times of India, the deceased medico had tied the knot with her classmate, a resident of Mela Anupanadi, in November 2020.
Recently, on March 5 the medico had developed several health issues with fever and body pain. Her husband started treating her at the house and even administered an injection for the body pain.
However, within a few hours after administering the injection, the medico started vomiting and fainted eventually. Thereafter, her husband along with the family members took her to a private hospital near Kamarajar Salai. When her situation deteriorated and she went unconscious, she was taken to another private hospital in Mattuthavani, where she breathed her last, reports TOI.
On the basis of the police complaint filed by the medico's father, the Madurai Police have started investigating the matter. As the medico died only after four months of marriage, a revenue divisional officer inquiry has reportedly been ordered.
However, a police officer, while expressing his view regarding the matter, has informed the daily that they haven't found out any foul play while conducting the preliminary inquiry. The Postmortem report also doesn't hint towards such possibilities.
Meanwhile, the news has been making rounds on Twitter. One Twitter user wrote on the issue, "Heartbreaking news! Doctor sadly passed away after developing severe anaphylaxis to Inj. Diclofenac which was given by her husband at home for myalgia following #COVID19 vaccination. She was doing MD Anaesthesia at Madurai Medical College and was married 4 months ago RIP.