TN Health invites applications for MD Yoga & Naturopathy; Details
Chennai: TN Health has invited applications from Eligible Candidates for Admission to 15 seats in three years M.D. (Yoga & Naturopathy) Post-Graduate degree course 2020-'21 session at Government Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College & Hospital, Chennai-106.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ADMISSION:
Candidates should possess regular Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Medical Degree from T.N. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University / N.D (OSM) from recognized University. A proof should be enclosed. Candidates should have registered their names with the Tamil Nadu Board of Indian Medicine, Chennai. Candidates, who have qualified from other than Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, should submit the Eligibility Certificate obtained from Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University and enclose the same with the Application Form.
Application Form and Prospectus may be downloaded from the Health Department website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in from 31-08-2020 to 30-09-2020. Application Forms are not issued by the Selection Committee Office or by this Directorate. Filled in downloaded applications along with enclosures should be submitted before the last date along with a crossed demand draft for the value of Rs.3,000/- (Rupees Three thousand only) towards the application fee. SC/SCA/ST candidates domiciled in Tamil Nadu are exempted from the payment of application fee of Rs.3,000/-. The crossed Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of 'DIRECTOR OF INDIAN MEDICINE AND HOMOEOPATHY, CHENNAI - 600 106' made payable at CHENNAI from any Nationalized Bank obtained on or after 31-08-2020.
The completed application together with all enclosures should reach "The Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, Arignar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus, Arumbakkam, Chennai - 600 106, Tamil Nadu" in the cover prescribed by the due date. Applications received after the due date and time for any reason including postal / courier service delay shall be rejected
Last date for receipt of filled in
application along with all enclosures
05-10-2020 up to 5.30 p.m
Date of Entrance examination Tentative
18-10-2020 at 9.30 a.m
1. Application for admission to Post Graduate courses in Yoga & Naturopathy 2020-21 session in Govt. Yoga & Naturopathy Medical College, Chennai can be downloaded from website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in Also candidates are advised to read the Prospectus carefully before filling the Application Form,no correspondence / request for reconsideration will be entertained
2. Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available on the website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in
3. The candidates are instructed to visit the website at least two times a day for updates from the date of issue of application till the end of admission process without fail. Selection Committee will not be responsible for consequences resulting due to non-diligent follow-up of notices, notification and publications appearing on the website regarding admission to Post Graduate Degree courses 2020-21 session.
4. Admission to Post Graduation courses in Yoga & Naturopathy will be made purely on merit, based on marks obtained in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Selection Committee, Directorate of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy together with the post BNYS / ND Experience marks. Tentatively Entrance Exam will be conducted on 18-10-2020 and venue of the Entrance Exam will be Arignar Anna Govt. Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus, Chennai-106.
Date of Notification
Commencement for downloading Application
Last date for downloading Application
30.09.2020 upto 05.00 p.m.
Last date for receipt of Application
05.10.2020 upto 05.30 p.m.
Address to which the filled in Application Form along with enclosures are to be sent
DIRECTORATE OF INDIAN MEDICINE AND HOMOEOPATHY,
ARIGNAR ANNA GOVERNMENT
HOSPITAL OF INDIAN MEDICINE CAMPUS ARUMBAKKAM, CHENNAI 600 106
Tentative date of Entrance Examination & Declaration of Result
18.10.2020 at 09.30 a.m. and the same day
PAYMENT OF COURSE FEE DEPOSIT :
6 The candidates who are selected at the time of counseling shall remit a non refundable sum of Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the "Director of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, Chennai-106" on or after 15-10-2020 payable at Chennai at the time of receipt of the allotment orders. After the receipt of the joining report from the Principal of the Govt. Yoga & Naturopathy Medical College, Chennai this amount will be transferred to the College to get adjusted with the Tuition Fees to be paid by the candidates. If the candidate fails to join the course after getting allotment order within the stipulated time he/she will forfeit this amount as well as seat allotted.
7 All Candidates who participate in the Post Graduate M.D (Yoga & Naturopathy) Counselling will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) by way of Demand Draft drawn on or after 15-10-2020 , in favour of "Director of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, Chennai-106" payable at Chennai as processing fee for attending counselling.
DIRECTORATE OF INDIAN MEDICINE AND HOMOEOPATHY, CHENNAI - 106. ADMISSION TO M.D.(YOGA & NATUROPATHY) COURSE 2020 - 2021 SESSION AT GOVT. YOGA AND NATUROPATHY MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, CHENNAI - 106
1 Before filling up the Application Form, carefully read all the instructions given in Prospectus and fill the Application Form carefully and legibly without overwriting in one's own handwriting. Application with incomplete or insufficient particulars or without enclosures or those received after the last date mentioned will be summarily rejected
2 All enclosures prescribed shall be Self-attested photocopies only. The originals should be produced only at the time of Counselling and Admission
3 Applications received by Speed Post / Courier or any other means after the last date and time will not be accepted, irrespective of the date of booking
4 Non-service candidates should send their applications directly to the Secretary, Selection Committee office.
5 Service candidates should forward their application only through the proper channel with the remarks of the forwarding authorities in the format prescribed in the application form. It should compulsorily reach on or before the last date as mentioned above. If not, applications will be summarily rejected irrespective of the date of submission by the applicant and date of forwarding by the competent
6 A self-attested recent passport size photograph should be affixed in the front page of the application form in the space provided. One recent passport size photograph In the identification-cum-attendance card and two recent passport size photographs in the hall tickets should be affixed in the space provided authority. Advance copies from the service candidates will not be accepted.
7 If a candidate desires an immediate acknowledgment, should advise the postal or courier service and pay the required fee themselves. On assigning the Application Register number for all the applicants, a list of prima facie eligible candidates will be uploaded in our website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in along with the corresponding Application Register Number which will invariably be the Entrance Exam Number also. Individual eligible candidates may download the Hall Tickets from our website by entering one's Entrance Exam Number and Date of Birth.
8 All information pertaining to MD (Yoga & Naturopathy) admission will be notified in our Dept.'s official website "www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in" from time to time. Candidates are advised to check/visit our website minimum twice daily for Entrance Exam result, PG Merit List, the Counselling Schedule, any further information/intimations, etc., The Selection Committee will not be held responsible if any candidate failed to appear in the Entrance Examination, Counselling, etc., No individual correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
9 Both Upper Limbs, Vision and Hearing should be normal for all candidates including for candidates applying under Differently Abled category
10. The candidate must write his/her Name, Address, and Mobile Number on the backside of the Demand Drafts.
11. In case of unauthorized absence of a candidate for one month or more after getting admitted to the course, the candidate will be treated as having discontinued without notice on an automatic basis and the vacancy will be filled up from the waiting list depending on the availability of time before the prescribed cut-off date. Candidates will have to give a declaration to this effect at the time of Admission. (As in Annexure – IV)
II ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
• A Pass in BNYS Regular Degree course conducted by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University / Osmania University / any other University recognized by UGC under the regular stream or a pass in N.D.(Osm) under regular-stream.
• Should have successfully completed the Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship (CRRI) and should have registered their names with the Tamil Nadu Board of Indian Medicine, Chennai-106 well before the Day of Entrance Examination for Admission to 2020-2021 Session M.D.( Y & N ) Course.
• Candidate should be a Citizen of India and a Native of Tamil Nadu or should have undergone a B.N.Y.S Degree course in the State of Tamil Nadu.
• Candidates of Tamil Nadu nativity who have completed the B.N.Y.S / N.D (Osm) Course in other States shall furnish a Nativity certificate of having his / her nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority only in the specified format prescribed along with the Application and should also produce the Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M. G. R. Medical University, Chennai before counseling or before attending the counseling.
• Candidates who join a Post Graduate Degree in any branch and discontinue the course on any grounds after the cutoff date fixed by the Affiliating University are not eligible to apply for two subsequent academic years.
• Candidates who have completed a Post Graduate Degree or the candidates who possess a Post Graduate Degree in one Specialty / Branch of study are Not Eligible to apply for admission to any other Post Graduate degree i.e., in other branches
III. MODE OF SELECTION AND ADMISSION
Admission to the course will be made purely on merit, based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination together with the post–BNYS / ND Experience Marks which will be calculated as below:
Maximum marks for Written Entrance Examination
Computed for- 90 marks
Maximum marks for post– B.N.Y.S. / N.D(Osm)- 10 marks Experience / Hill station Service Marks -------------
Total - 100 marks
• The Entrance Examination for admission to the Post Graduate M.D. (Yoga & Naturopathy) course will be conducted as per existing Curriculum / Syllabus of the Tamil Nadu Dr. M. G. R. Medical University for the BNYS Medical Degree Course.
• The Entrance Examination will be covering all subjects and will contain 200 Objective type questions each with four responses (A, B,C, D) in English.
• Each question will carry 1 (one) mark. There will be NO NEGATIVE MARK for incorrect responses. Zero marks will be given for questions not answered. When more than one answer is indicated or when it is illegible, no mark will be awarded for that question. The maximum marks will be computed to 90 marks.
• Candidate should bring Hall Ticket at the time of examination.
• Hall Tickets can be downloaded from our website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in by entering one's A.R.No and Date of birth. An eligible candidate can get the Application Register Number i.e, A.R.No from the eligible list that will be uploaded in our website well before the Entrance Exam. Admission to the entrance examination will not confer any rights to the candidate for admission to the course if found ineligible later. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he/she holds the Hall Ticket. The name, mailing address (in block letters), and passport size photographs in the hall ticket, in the identification slip, and on the application form, etc., should be one and the same.
• The Hall Superintendent will verify the identity of the examinee with reference to his/her photograph affixed on the Identification card. The candidate will also be required to affix their signature in full in various forms as part of the identification process. Failure to follow instructions will result in the expulsion of the candidate.
• The Entrance Examination for M.D. (Yoga & Naturopathy ) will be conducted tentatively on 18-10-2020 at 09.30 a.m. in one session of 3 hours duration at Arignar Anna Govt. Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus, Arumbakkam, Chennai - 600 106.
• Candidates taking the Entrance Examination will have to come to the Examination center at their own expense and make their own arrangements for stay.
• Candidates should be present and seated in their allotted place as per their Application Register number, thirty minutes prior to the commencement of the examination in order to fill up all examination and identification particulars.
• Candidates coming 30 minutes after the commencement of the examination will not be permitted to take the examination.
• No candidate shall be allowed to carry any textual materials printed or written bits of paper, electronic and telecommunication devices with or without remote sensing like pagers, cellular phones, I phones, Pen scanners or electronic diary etc. inside the examination hall.
• No candidate shall be allowed to leave the hall before the end of half an hour after the opening of question papers or one hour after commencement. Candidates shall not leave their seats even for using the Restroom without permission. Repeated visits to the Restroom cannot be permitted and unduly long absences as judged by the Hall Superintendent or Inspection team are not acceptable. Once a candidate leaves the Hall for any other reasons, he/she will not be permitted to re-enter the hall.
• Candidate shall maintain strict silence in the examination hall. Any misconduct found out by the Hall Superintendent will result in the forfeiture of the right to continue the examination. His/ Her answer sheets will not be considered for valuation. Further, he/she will not be allowed to apply for the PG course for two consecutive years. The decision of the Hall Superintendent in this connection shall be final.
• Answers should be shaded with their blue or black ball pen (NOT GEL), in the OMR sheets as per the instructions given in the OMR Sheet.
• There will be no rechecking, revaluation or recount of answer sheets. The Selection Committee's decision in this matter is final.
The Question paper, Blank sheets (if any), OMR answer sheets, etc. are the property of the Committee and no part or whole shall be retained by a candidate under any circumstances. Any attempt to retain or take away these materials by a candidate shall be construed as serious misconduct and the candidate will be immediately disqualified and his/her paper will be seized and not evaluated.
The Question paper, Blank sheets (if any), OMR answer sheets, etc. are the property of the Committee and no part or whole shall be retained by a candidate under any circumstances. Any attempt to retain or take away these materials by a candidate shall be construed as serious misconduct and the candidate will be immediately disqualified and his/her paper will be seized and not evaluated. candidates subject to a maximum of 10 (Ten) marks as on 31-08-2020.
• Two marks will be awarded for each completed year of Government Service in hilly areas and it will be limited to a maximum of 10 (Ten) marks.
• In any case the total marks awarded for experience/hill station service taken together shall be restricted to a maximum of 10 (Ten) marks to all candidates.
• Fractional values of a year will not be counted for awarding marks for experience and hill station service.
Personal appearance during counseling along with All Original Certificates / Documents is compulsory for all candidates who attend counseling. No separate letter for counseling will be issued after the announcement of the results of the Entrance examination. The merit list arrived after the Entrance Exam will be uploaded in the website and in the notice board at the office of the Director of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, Chennai-106. Candidates who are absent at the time of Counselling will not be considered for selection and also will not be permitted to attend any subsequent counsellings and no request will be admitted in this regard at a later date.
Candidates who secured less than 40% of total marks in the case of OC, BC, BCM, and MBC / DC communities and below 35% of total marks, in the case of SC/SCA/ST communities shall not be considered for Counselling. For Service candidates, the minimum eligibility marks for admission to counseling will be 35% for all communities
In case more than one candidate has secured the same number of marks the tie shall be resolved / Inter se merit may have arrived on the basis of the following factors in the order of priority.
(i) Marks obtained in the Entrance Examination
(ii) Least Number of Appearances in the qualifying Final B.N.Y.S / N.D (Osm)
(iii) Total marks obtained in Final B.N.Y.S / N.D (Osm)
(iv) Seniority in age will be given preference
The number of seats may be changed without notice. However, the exact distribution of seats, Specialty wise will be displayed on the notice board at the Directorate of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy before the commencement of Counselling
The selection will be made by counseling based on Merit and by applying the 200 Points roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Since the available number of seats in each branch is below 8 seats, 200 points roster method will be followed as per G. O. Ms. No. 55 Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department Dated 08- 04- 2010.
The total number of seats available will be shared between General Candidates and Service candidates in a 50:50 ratio. The total number of seats available in each specialty is 5 and the total seats available in three specialties are 15. For the academic session 2020-21, the total seats available for Service candidates would be 7 and it is 8 seats in the case of General candidates since the odd seat is added to the General Pool
Candidates will be allowed to choose their Branch of Study at the time of Counselling subject to the availability of vacancy in that branch when the candidate gets his / her turn. Branch once opted and allotted at the time of Counselling shall be final and will not be allowed to change subsequently under any circumstances. Similarly, no transfer from one branch to another branch will be allowed during the course period of three years.
All Selected candidates shall make a Non-refundable fee deposit of a sum of Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five thousand only) by way of Demand Draft drawn on or after 15-10-2020 in favor of the Director of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy, Chennai 106 payable at Chennai at the time of receiving their formal allotment orders. No allotment order will be issued if payment is not made immediately and the seat will be allotted to the next meritorious candidate. After receipt of the joining report from the Principal of the Government Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College, this amount will be transferred to the college and it will be adjusted in the tuition fees payable by the candidate. If the candidate fails to join the course within the stipulated time/date after getting the allotment order he/she shall forfeit this amount and any other payments done by him/her and also lose the right to join the current session of the M.D. (Yoga & Naturopathy) Programme. In addition, all the candidates before participating in the counseling shall have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) by means of Demand Draft drawn on or after 15-10-2020 in favor of the "Director of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, Chennai 106" as processing fee for conducting counseling.
The Post Graduate Degree M.D. (Yoga & Naturopathy) course admissions for the 2020-2021 session will close on the cutoff date of admission as prescribed by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University for the academic year 2020-'21.
Candidates who have joined Post-Graduate Degree M.D. (Yoga & Naturopathy) Course in any discipline and have discontinued the course on any grounds within six months shall be eligible to apply only after a period of two years from the date of discontinuance of the course if their discontinuance has resulted in a seat being wasted, if such candidate's discontinuance did not result in a seat being wasted, he/she can apply for the next selection for which he/she is eligible. The Selection Committee's decision in this regard shall be final.
The candidates who join the Post Graduate Degree course should not indulge in any kind of agitation/strike/ragging activity inside/outside the college campus during the course of study. Candidates found to take part in any such activities mentioned above will be expelled from the course/college at any part of the course of study and criminal action will be taken against them.