Exam Centres increased: AIIMS informs on Choice of City for PhD Entrance July 2020 session
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (AIIMS) has informed about the choice of cities for Entrance Examination through online (CBT) mode for admission in PhD Programme July 2020 session.
In view of the evolving Covid-19 outbreak and issues related to travel restrictions and social distancing, the competent authority of AIIMS has decided to increase the number of cities for examination to minimize the travel need for candidates.
Those candidates who have already registered should log in & re-choose the city for examination from 01.08.2020 to 09.08.2020 by 5:00 PM. For candidates who do not choose the examination city during the above schedules, it will be assumed that their earlier choice is to be considered.
All new applicant should also choose their choice of examination city while filling the form latest by closing date of registration.
The city for examination shall be allocated on the basis of the order of application form, candidates choice and availability of computer nodes. All efforts shall be made to minimize the need for travel for all candidates. The decision of AIIMS, New Delhi in this regard will be final and no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Please visit the website www.aiimsexams.org as all Important Notices/Corrigendum/Addendum/Updates etc. will only be upload on the website.
The details are uploaded by the AIIMS on its official website concerning the applications process, important dates, eligibility criteria and exam fee are mentioned below. ALl the concerned candidates are requested to view the details to avoid any confusion during the application procedure.
(upto 05:00 P.M.)
1. Please fill the Online Application carefully. It may not be possible to make changes after Registration as
2. Any Amendment/Rectification/Change/Editing is NOT allowed in Name, Date of Birth and Community Department and PWBD status after payment of application fee through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
and images once uploaded cannot be changed later.
3. Other changes in the online Registration/Application i.e. Nationality, Sponsored to General, General to
Sponsored etc. will NOT be permitted after 09.08.2020.
4. Applicants may note that further correspondence will NOT be entertained in this regard.
Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration of Online Application through web
Last date for Registration of Online application.
Status of application & Rejected application with reason for rejection. Applicants are required to check on 12.08.2020 through the Registration
Status Tab of their My Page after Login.
Last date for submission of required documents for the Regularization of Rejected Application. No correspondence will be entertained after 14.08.2020 under any circumstances and candidates are requested NOT
TO CONTACT the Examination Section.
Last date for Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India to forward an approval regarding "No Objection" to the Foreign National for
appearing in the Ph.D. Entrance Examination for July 2020 session.
Finalization of Centres and allotment of Roll Nos/Admit Card on website.
Written Test through (CBT) Online mode
Expected date of declaration of Result
Last date for joining the Ph.D. Program
To facilitate quick redressal of queries use registered email Id of Registration Form. Replies/Clarifications will only be given through this email.
Declaration of Results: Results for Ph.D.program will be available on the website at www.aiimsexams.org
Result of individual candidate will NOT be informed on telephone and candidates are advised NOT to call the Examination Section for such information. However, the individual results can be checked after the closing of the admission process.
• General/OBC Category: Rs.1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
• SC/ST/EWS Category: Rs.1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
• PWBD Candidates is exempted from any Fee
Eligibility for Ph. D course (Open candidates)
A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
1. (a) Medical qualification: MBBS/BDS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch in the subject concerned or Diplomate of National Board of Examination. Candidates who have obtained any of these degrees from medical colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India shall not be eligible to apply.
(b) Nursing Qualification: Candidates holding M.Sc. degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in Nursing Speciality will also be eligible for Ph. D admission in College of Nursing.
2. Non-Medical – For non-medical candidates eligibility shall be Master's Degree (two years course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject as per the requirement of the project.
Candidates holding M.Sc. (Other than M.Sc. Nursing) M.Tech. degree & BAMS will be eligible for the Non-Medical Qualification Category. Candidate having eligibility under the non-medical category should have at least 60% marks in the last eligibility examination qualified.
Candidate possessing a Masters Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible
The non-medical candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following National Entrance tests in the last 2 years from the last date of submission of the online application form (i.e.10th August 2018 to 9th August 2020), leading to the award of a fellowship tenable at AIIMS, New Delhi.
Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
ICMR – JRF
DBT – JRF
NBHM screening test
Graduate aptitude test (GATE)
• Candidates who have qualified in the above-said examinations leading to the award of fellowships tenable at AIIMS, New Delhi will be given special weightage in the entrance examination as detailed in the method of selection part of guidelines.
• Candidates working under Central Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a 'No Objection Certificate" from their employer before they are allowed to join the Ph.D. Course.
• The candidates who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by 31.08.2020 may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after 31.08.2020 are not eligible to take up this examination.
• Applicants from AIIMS Faculty/Scientific Staff for Ph. D. registration will be considered as in-service candidates as per guidelines laid down by AIIMS in this regard.
• A candidate is allowed to submit an application for one specialty/department only.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION APPLICABLE TO Ph.D. PROGRAMME EXAMINATION
1. INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Candidate should fill in the Online Application Form taking utmost care and follow the instructions and help manual as given in the APPENDIX - II of the Prospectus, step by step. Candidate should fill in the Online Application form correctly. Incorrect filled form may leads to rejection.
2. ONLINE REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org. The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of the online application form.
Online Registration: After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the Instructions scrupulously.
It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Form. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled online Application form.
No candidate should register more than one application.
All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature/Left Thumb Impression is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
3. STATUS OF ONLINE REGISTRATION
Acknowledgment of successful Online Registration will be forwarded to applicant's Registered Email ID. The Registration Form will remain Under Review regarding uploaded images and eligibility. However, candidates can check their status of uploaded images within two working days from the date of online Registration is done and subsequent further status updates. The rejected images can be updated till the registration is open.
The candidates are advised to check final status of their Registration Form regarding images and eligibility and Admit Card which will be available on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org as per the schedule mentioned in the "IMPORTANT DATES AT A GLANCE".
Admit Card for Accepted Registration Form will only be uploaded on the website. If the status of Registration Form or Admit Card is not available on website, he/she should immediately write an email to the Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608 on email@example.com along with full particulars of the Registration Form.
4. DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH REGISTRATION FORM
I) No document is required, except the following applicability:
(i) Sponsored Candidates and Foreign nationals.
Sponsorship Certificate (in the case of sponsored candidate) in the format prescribed in the Prospectus, duly completed and signed by the competent authority.
NOC from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in case of Foreign National.
(ii) The candidates who will qualify in Stage I result and called for Departmental Assessment must upload their self attested/attested copies of certificates/documents in support of their educational qualifications, marks, date of birth, category, experience etc. as mentioned in the Stage I result on the website by login their credentials & also write your Candidate ID, Roll No. & concerned Department on the top of first page of certificate it is very must.
If a candidate fails to submit attested copies of the requisite documents as above, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to participate in subsequent stages of selection/admission process.
5. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION BY CANDIDATES WHO ARE EMPLOYED
The candidates in employment applies for Ph.D. Program are required to submit their applications through proper channel. They should also sign the undertaking in the down loaded copy of Registration Form that they have informed their employer about the submission of the application to AIIMS. If any communication is received from their department/office withholding permission to the candidate's appearing at the entrance examination/admission to the course, the candidature/admission of the candidate will be cancelled, and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained. (Sponsored candidates for Ph.D. Program are required to route their Registration Form through proper channel).
6. REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF "SPONSORED" CANDIDATES
a) Candidates who are permanent employees of any Central/State Government/Armed Forces or the Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body can be sponsored by the respective Government/Defence Authorities or the Competent Authorities of PSU/Autonomous Body.
b) All eligible "sponsored" candidates will be called by the Institute for an entrance test.
c) Seats as shown in the prospectus are available for "sponsored" candidates. Sponsored candidates will be designated as "trainees".
d) The subject for which the candidate is being sponsored should be clearly specified in the sponsorship form by the sponsoring authority. The candidate can be sponsored for only one subject. The applications of those candidates who are sponsored for more than one subject will not be considered.
e) No "Sponsored" candidate will be paid any emoluments by the Institute during the training period. Such payments will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority (i.e. Central/State Government or Defense Authorities).
f) Sponsored candidates must submit/send sponsorship certificate in original from their employers in the following format along with the application form to the Asstt. Controller (Examinations), AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110 608. Those who fail to do so should submit it before the date of issue of Admit Cards as mentioned under "AT A GLANCE" in the Prospectus failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
7. REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF FOREIGN NATIONALS/OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA (OCI)
a) Foreign nationals are required to fill in the prescribed online application form indicating the choice of subject (only one subject) for admission to Postgraduate courses leading to award of Ph.D. Program degree.
b) The foreign nationals are required to send their Registration Form of Online application through Diplomatic Channel. They are also required to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination along with other candidates. An 'Advance Copy' to be submitted at AIIMS, New Delhi before the last date of online registration. However, the application of all such candidates will be processed only after receipt of the same through Diplomatic Channel.
c) The foreign nationals will be considered against the seats advertised under the "Sponsored" category for Ph.D. Program. They should be registered with MCI before they will be allowed to join the said course. If they are selected for the same.
d) Seats are not reserved in any discipline for foreign nationals (except the bilateral agreement between the Government of India and any other nation).
e) Nominations/No objection for the candidate should reach the Examination Section before the date of issue of the Admit Card as specified under "AT A GLANCE". In case of non-receipt of the nominations/clearance/no objection from the concerned Ministry by due date, their candidature will not be considered.
f) No emoluments will be paid by AIIMS to the Foreign National candidates.
g) OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA (OCI) : OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in PG courses and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals will be applicable to the candidates. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear for this test.
8. PROCEDURE FOR REDRESAL OF DISCREPANCY NOTICED:
(i) If any discrepancy in any question is found in the Entrance Examination, the candidate is advised to write to Associate-Dean (Exams), AIIMS, New Delhi–110608 within 24 hours on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(ii) The discrepancy, if any, in the Prospectus, Admit Card etc. should be immediately brought to the notice of the Assistant Controller (Examinations) AIIMS, New Delhi through email email@example.com. Complaints received after the examination will not be entertained.
9. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address, Mobile No. & email ID in the Application Form is filled. The Institute shall not be responsible for any miscommunication due to incorrect address, Mobile No. and email ID given by the applicant on the Application Form or non-receipt for any communication.
10. Downloadable Admit cards of all the eligible candidates will be hosted on website www.aiimsexams.org as per the schedule mentioned under 'AT A GLANCE'. All the candidates are advised to download their Admit Cards from the website. It may please be noted that the Admit Cards will not be sent by Post.
11. Any Change in the address mobile No. and email ID should be immediately intimated to this office by registered mail Candidate should also ensure that any communication sent at the previous address is redirected to him/her at the new address.
12. If a candidate is at any stage found to have provided false information/certificate or is found to have withheld or concealed some information in his/her application form, he/she will be debarred from admission, his/her residency will be terminated with immediate effect.
13. If ineligibility is detected at any stage, candidature/admission of the candidate will be cancelled without any notice.
14. Candidate must not obtain or give or attempt to obtain or give irregular assistance of any kind during the examination; this will entail expulsion and cancellation of candidature for the examination. The admission of the candidate will be cancelled and appropriate criminal/civil proceedings will be initiated against the candidates, if at any stage of the examination the candidate is found to have secured admission by using any unfair means.
15. The Institute will not intimate the result of Entrance Test individual. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. However, the marks of individual candidate will be made available on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org on completion of the admission process.
16. There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluation of the answer sheets and no query in this regard will be entertained.
17. The decision of the Director of the Institute shall be final in the matter of selection of candidates for admission to Ph.D. Program and no appeal will be entertained in this regard.
18. Selected candidates must join the course on the date stipulated in the letter of selection, failing which the selection/admission shall stand canceled/withdrawn.
19. The selected candidates will have to submit the original Permanent Registration Certificate at the time of joining.
20. The selection of students in Ph.D. Program will be subject to medical fitness. No selected candidate will be permitted to pay fee/join the course unless declared medically fit by the Medical Board appointed by the Institute. The decision of the Medical Board shall be final.
21. Each candidate selected for admission shall have to pay the fee/dues within the prescribed period failing which his/her admission shall be cancelled.
22. Private practice in any form during the course is prohibited. The period of training is strictly full time and continuous.
23. The rules are subject to change in accordance with the decision of the Institute to be taken from time to time.
24. Any dispute in regard to any matter referred to herein shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts alone.
25. SUBMISSION OF CASTE CERTIFICATE BY SC/ST/OBC CANDIDATES
After the declaration of result of the Entrance Examination, candidates belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes should submit, along with other requisite documents, an attested copy of a certificate from any one of the following authorities stating that the candidate belongs to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes in the prescribed form.
A. District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Collector, Deputy Commissioner, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate, Executive Magistrate, Extra Assistant Commissioner.
B. Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
C. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
D. Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and his or her family normally resides.
E. Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) or as authorized in the Constitution.
The candidate will be required to submit an undertaking to the effect of their caste. The detection of any discrepancy in the caste certificate shall entail the cancellation of registration. This is as per the provisions made by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide their order No. 36033/4/97-Estt. (RES) dated 25.7.2003 and No. 36011/3/2005- Estt. (RES) dated 9.9.2005 respectively.
Candidates must note that a certificate from any other person/authority will not be accepted and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate.
Each candidate selected for admission will have to pay the following Course Duration Fees and dues:
For all Ph.D. Students
(to be deposited by every student for the recovery of breakages or loss of Institute's equipment).
Rs. 1000/- (Refundable)
(All Fees and dues payable at the time of admission)
Note: 1. The Hostel Security deposit (refundable) i.e. Rs. 1000/-.
Note: 2. Fees and other charges including hostel rent once paid shall not be refunded in any case and no correspondence will be entertained in this connection. However, the caution money will be refunded to those candidates who do not join the course. The caution money must be claimed within one year after completion of the course failing which it will be forfeited.
For detailed information etc. please visit the website www.aiimsexams.org. All applicants are required to visit the website regularly since all subsequent Corrigendum/Addendum/Updates will be uploaded on the website only.
To view official notice, click on the following link:
To view the detailed information bulletin, click here: https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/pdf_upload-132481.pdf