MBBS, BDS Admissions 2021 in Tamil Nadu: Check out bond service terms
Chennai: Students willing to pursue their medical or dental education in medical colleges affiliated with Dr. M.G.R Medical University in Tamil Nadu will have to execute an Agreement Bond at the time of admission.
The Bond terms clearly mention that the students after graduation, when they register themselves as medical practitioners, will have to serve in the rural areas for a period of five years as the Government orders specify.
In case they fail to fulfill such terms, they will have to pay an amount of Rs 5 lakhs as a penalty for breaching the contract in the bond.
This information has been provided by the Tamil Nadu Government in the recent Prospectus for admission to MBBS/BDS degree courses in both Government-run and Self-financing medical colleges affiliated to Dr. M.G.R Medical University for the 2021-2022 Session.
Apart from providing information related to age limit, eligibility criteria (for minority and NRI seats), non-eligibility criteria, fee structure, the procedure of filling up the application form, etc. the prospectus has also provided the details regarding the Agreement Bond that the parents of the students need to execute.
"Failure to execute the Agreement Bond will lead to cancellation of selection," the Prospectus issued by the Directorate of Medical Education has clarified.
Further, the prospectus has clarified that the students who will discontinue the course after a specific date, which will be intimated later) will be bound by the Bond.
"The candidates who discontinue the course between ---- and ---- (dates will be intimated later) are bound by the bond. Accordingly, they should pay a sum of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) as a penalty for breaching the contract signed. The candidates who discontinue the course on or after ------ (dates will be intimated later) of the year of admission and on any date of subsequent years should pay a sum of Rs.10,00,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakh Only) as penalty," read the prospectus.
Agreement Bond Terms:
As per the Prospectus, the candidates along with their parents/guardians need to sign the Agreement Bond undertaking as per the following terms-
(1) The candidate shall diligently complete his/her training for the said course at the said College, shall abide by the rules of the said College for the time being in force regulating the conduct of students at the said College and shall pass all the examinations prescribed for the said Course by the University or the Medical Institution concerned.
(2) Upon passing the final M.B.B.S./ B.D.S Examination the candidate shall serve as 'Intern' for the prescribed period as laid down by the Medical Council Act, 1956 (Central Act 102 of 1956) and Dental Council Act.
(3) (i) The candidate shall, on demand made by the Government within two years from the date on which he/she registers himself/herself as a Medical Practitioner, serve for a period of not less than five years and in such rural areas as the Government may by General or Special orders specify.
(ii) Those candidates who fail to comply with clause 3 (i) shall have to pay a sum of 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakhs only) or as the Government may direct as penalty for having breached the contract in the bond.
(4) During the period of Internship under clause (2) and while in service under clause (3) the candidate shall faithfully, diligently and with skill and ability perform his/her duties and observe the rules for the time being in force made by the Governor or the President as the case may be for regulating the conduct of Government Servants.
(5) While in service under clause (3) the pay and allowances and other conditions of service of the candidate shall be regulated by the rules and orders of the Government for the time being in force, for the post to which he/she is appointed.
(6) Candidates who discontinue the course between ……….2021 and ……….. 2021 are bound by the bond and thereby they shall have to pay a sum of 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only ) as penalty for having breached the contract in the bond and the candidates who discontinue the course on or after . .2021 and in any date of the subsequent years shall have to pay a sum of 10,00,000/- ( Rupees Ten Lakhs only) as penalty.
(7) Any sum falling due from the candidate under this agreement shall be recovered from him/her as an arrear of land revenue .
(8) If any dispute shall arise between the parties hereto in respect of this agreement or any of the provisions herein contained or anything arising hereunto except in respect of matters on which decision of the Government under clause (6) is declared to be final and binding, the same shall be referred to the arbitration of Director of Medical Education whose decision thereon shall be final and binding on the parties.
(9) The witness shall bear the stamp duty payable in respect of this agreement if required. In witness whereof the parties hereto have appended their signature hereunto on the dates respectively mentioned against the signature.
Apart from the signature of the candidate and the parents/guardians, the Agreement Bond needs to be signed by the Head of the Institution and two witnesses as well.
Besides, as a surety for the bond, the candidates need to submit the signatures of three "sureties" including the parent/guardian who will sign an undertaking addressed to the Tamil Nadu Government that "in the event of the candidate committing any breach of any term of the above agreement to which breach the decision of the Government shall be final and binding on the sureties, we shall pay the Government on demand and without demur the sum of 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five lakhs only) / 10,00,000/- (Rupees Ten lakhs only) as the case may be; or as the Government may direct and we hereby bind ourselves and representatives for such payment. We further agree that any sum due hereunder shall be recovered as an arrear of land revenue."
"We also agree that notwithstanding the provision of Section 133 and 135 of the India Contract Act, 1872 (Central Act IX of 1872) or any other rule of law or equity in that behalf, any indulgence of forbearance shown by the Government to the candidates or any variance in the terms of the contract with the candidate whether with or without the consent of the sureties or either of this shall not operate as a discharge of the sureties obligations under this bond," the undertaking will further mentioned.
The Prospectus has further mentioned that the online submission of the application has commenced and will be continued till 07.01.2022 up to 5:00 P.M.