NEET PG 2021 Admissions: Dr. NTR University Invites Online Applications from In-Service Doctors, Details
Vijaywada: In a recent notification Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijaywada has opened up its gates for the admission of In-service candidates to various Postgraduate medical and degree courses for the academic year of 2021-2022. However, these admissions will be made only in the 50% state quota seats, among which 30% clinical and 50% non-clinical seats will...
Vijaywada: In a recent notification Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijaywada has opened up its gates for the admission of In-service candidates to various Postgraduate medical and degree courses for the academic year of 2021-2022.
However, these admissions will be made only in the 50% state quota seats, among which 30% clinical and 50% non-clinical seats will be exclusively allocated for the doctors who are serving in the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, clarified the notice.
"As per the orders, dt.01-02-2022 of the Hon'ble High Court of AP in W.P.Nos. 30946 of 2021 and 1420 of 2022, Online application forms from the eligible In-service candidates serving in the State of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States who studied MBBS and secured the cutoff scores and above in NEET PG – 2021 and fulfilled other eligibility criteria for admissions into Post Graduate Medical Degree/Diploma Courses, 2021-22 under State Government Quota seats in the State of Andhra Pradesh including SVIMS, Tirupati from 01.00 PM on 05-02-2022 to 05.00 PM on 08-02-2022," read the notification.
"Candidates who have already applied earlier to the Notifications, dt.03-11-2021, 11-11-2021, 24-11-2021 & 23-12-2021 need not apply again. For applications visit https://pg.ntruhsadmissions.com For complete details refer Prospectus placed in the University website http://ntruhs.ap.nic.in," it further added.
The University has also issued the Revised Notification regarding the "Regulation No.4" of the Prospectus for admissions into PG (Medical) Degree/Diploma courses under the seats reserved for In-service candidates for the academic year 2021-22.
As per the revised notification, the percentage of reserved seats, duration of service required for eligibility, eligibility for deputation and deputation period follows below:
a) Out of 50% of the seats in State Government quota, 30% of clinical & 50% of non-clinical seats will be exclusively allocated to in service candidates serving in Government Health Institutions of A.P & Telangana states.
b) The seats in above categories MD/MS will be filled up based on the marks obtained in the NEET-PG Examination.
c) The candidates should have a left over service of 10 years at least.
d) The Candidates before seeking admission under in-service quota should complete;
i. In Tribal areas: minimum three (3) years of regular and continuous service in PHCs/CHCs/Area Hospitals/District Hospitals/Sample Survey cum assessment units/Leprosy temporary hospitalization wards & any Tribal Institutes recognized by Government of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
ii. In Rural areas: minimum four (4) years of regular and continuous service in PHCs/CHCs/Area Hospitals/District Hospitals /MCH/ Sample Survey cum assessment units/Leprosy Control Units/Leprosy temporary hospitalization wards/Mobile Medical Units & any Rural Institute recognized by Government of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
iii. Minimum seven (7) years of continuous regular service in AP Medical & Health Services / A.P.V.V.P./AP (or) TS Insurance Medical Services/ University of Health Sciences/TSVVP.
e) Service rendered up to 30-11-2021 will be considered.
f) All the candidates who are in-service and seeking admission to the Post Graduate (Medical) courses shall submit the online application with details of service rendered by them in a prescribed proforma in Annexures IV-A & IV-B.
g) Candidates shall upload "Eligibility Service Certificate" issued by the concerned Head of the Department in the prescribed form along with other scanned certificates.
h) Applications which are not accompanied by the "Eligibility Service Certificate" will not be considered.
Eligibility for deputation and deputation period:
- After completion of specialization, the in-service doctors to be available to serve in Government facilities in the same area (Tribal/Rural/Continuous regular service) from where the reservation was sought, to a minimum of five (5) years, subject to the availability of vacancies in respective specialties, through a bond.
- The penalty of indemnity bond shall be @Rs.15 lakh per year for nonrendering services after completion of such course for in-service candidates as stated above.
- In case of an in-service candidate, in the event she/he leaves the course before its completion or the competent authority concludes that the in service candidate has not shown sufficient progress in the studies or has failed to complete the course in proper time or fails to resume duty even after the expiry of the termination of the period of deputation or at any time within a period of ten (10) years after completion of the higher studies, it shall be lawful to the Government to make recovery of the amount (including pay and allowances, stipend, DA, tuition fee etc., along with penalty and applicable interest) spent on higher studies or specialized training from the salary of the candidate.
- "Deputation to in-service candidates selected shall be restricted to 3 years only i.e., (36 months). The candidates selected to prosecute Post Graduate courses shall be sanctioned deputation for not more than one course in his/her service.
- In case, if a service candidate is selected for diploma course (if PG Diploma Seats are available) the candidate may be given deputation for a period of 2 years if the candidate is otherwise eligible. If a candidate is selected for a postgraduate degree, the candidate may be given deputation for a Period of 3 years.
- If a candidate has already completed PG Degree before joining Government Service, he/she will not be given deputation to do another PG Degree. If a candidate has done PG Diploma course before joining Government Service or after joining Government Service, if he/she is selected for a PG Degree, then the deputation period will be as per the orders issued by the Government of AP from time to time.
- In-service candidate shall join the course on or before the commencement of the course after getting relieved from the concerned Head of the Institution. The Heads of the Medical Institutions shall relieve them immediately if they apply for relief along with a copy of the selection and allotment order issued by the Competent Authority.
The other conditions of the Prospectus, dt.03-11-2021 remain same.
To view the official notice click on the following link:
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.