- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
MBBS 2023 at CMC Vellore: Check out schedule, application process, eligibility criteria, fee structure details
Tamil Nadu: Christian Medical College (CMC Vellore) has invited online applications for MBBS admission for 2023. Detailed schedule – 1. Last Date for submission of supporting documents (where applicable) - 6th April 2023 2. Last date for receipt of certification forms from Minority Network organizations - 17th April 2023 3. Online submission of NEET (UG)-2023 score – To...
Tamil Nadu: Christian Medical College (CMC Vellore) has invited online applications for MBBS admission for 2023.
Detailed schedule –
1. Last Date for submission of supporting documents (where applicable) - 6th April 2023
2. Last date for receipt of certification forms from Minority Network organizations - 17th April 2023
3. Online submission of NEET (UG)-2023 score – To be announced
4. Online submission of ARNo & Rank of TN Management quota 2023 – To be announced
5. Counseling by Tamil Nadu Selection Committee, DME, Chennai - To be announced
Candidates who have applied for the MBBS course may also apply for Nursing / Allied Health Science Degree courses for up to a maximum of 7 courses, including MBBS. They need to refer to Summer Admission Bulletin – 2023 for details regarding admission to these courses.
The process to fill out the application –
1. Fill out the form online, check the details for accuracy, and submit.
2. Upload photograph and signature.
3. Make your payment by any one of the methods mentioned above.
4. Print out the completed application form and confirmation page for reference. (Do not send a hard copy of your application form to the Registrar's Office.).
5. Send the original ICICI challan if payment is made through challan mode and all the other required enclosures where applicable to the Office of the Registrar, CMC, Vellore 632002, to reach not later than the last date specified.
6. An email and SMS stating successful application registration will be sent to the candidates within a week of final application submission. If not received, please email the Registrar's office at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your Temporary Login ID number.
Application fee -
The application fee includes a basic administrative fee of Rs.1200 plus a registration fee of Rs. 500. The fee can be paid either as a challan at no extra cost at any branch of ICICI bank in India or as an online payment using Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking. The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Details issued -
Applications can be accessed online only at http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in. The information on the application form will be taken as final no changes will be permitted. Suppose the candidates get interrupted after they submit the basic information or at "upload photo and signature." In that case, they can sign in again at the 'download admission bulletin' page using their Temporary Login ID number and date of birth. Please check their email and mobile SMS text if they did not note your Temporary Login ID number. Further, they may go to the main menu & click "Retrieve Temporary Login ID / Application Number."
The candidates must keep their application number as 'user name' and date of birth as 'password' to download the Hall ticket from the website.
It is the candidate's responsibility to read the instructions and ensure the completeness of the application forms. An incomplete form will be summarily rejected. All communications will be sent by email and SMS only. The candidates must keep a soft copy of their photograph and signature before completing the application form. The specifications related to the photograph and signature are enclosed in the notice below. The application number will be generated only after the full application fees are paid.
When applying for other courses besides MBBS, candidates must list the courses in the order of preference in the application form. Candidates should not make duplicate applications for applying for different courses. They can contact Registrar's Office by email or phone if they need to edit/add courses / remove methods.
Relevant enclosures and registration fees, as detailed, should reach the office of the Registrar not later than the last date specified, even if the qualifying examination results are not available by then. Enclosures may be sent separately with the Application number mentioned. Enclosures received without this number or after the last date for submission will not be accepted. Academic or extra-curricular certificates should not be enclosed.
Other documents to be submitted if applicable -
1. Copy (not original) of Community/caste certificate, duly signed by Dy. Tahsildar or District Magistrate. An attested English translation should be attached if the certificate is not in English.
2. Application form for Undergraduate College Recommendation for Minority Network category for Christians and required enclosures/certificates (refer to Section 4.2).
Further, CMC has announced that once the NEET (UG)-2023 results are announced, MBBS applicants have to sign in to the application site using their application number and date of birth and enter their NEET (UG) 2023 Roll number, score, and All India rank at our website. This access to submit the NEET (UG)-2023 Roll number and results will be available on the website after the NEET (UG)-2023 results are announced.
All candidates applying to CMC Vellore for MBBS also have to use the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee for the counseling process in the relevant category. After the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee releases the rank list for Management quota seats in Christian Medical College, Vellore, access will be provided to MBBS applicants of CMC, Vellore, to sign in to our website using their application number and date of birth to enter their Tamil Nadu Management quota rank number and ARNo. This information must be submitted within a fixed period, which will be notified later.
Eligibility certificate –
Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, CBSE & CISCE in India shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated Medical Institutions. The candidate will be required to produce the eligibility certificate at the time of registration for admission to the course if selected.
Details related to quotas -
Management Quota –
1. the management will fill up 50% of the seats by the same procedure that the college followed for earlier academic years based on inter-se merit as per the NEET results.
2. Categories for admission for 50% management seats - Selections are based on three broad categories - Open, Minority Network, and CMC Vellore Staff quota based on NEET (UG) 2023 rank.
3. Open - Any candidate who fulfills the eligibility criteria in section 1.3 can apply under this category based on merit.
4. Minority Network - In this category, seats are allotted based on inter-se merit.
5. CMC Vellore Staff quota - Seats are allotted in this category based on merit to children of eligible CMC Vellore staff members, as per institutional rules.
Government Quota –
1. the State Government will fill 50% of the seat state merit list of the NEET examination in the following manner –
2. the State Government will fill 30% of the seatsng its policy of reservation strictly by the NEET merit list
3. 20% of the seats will be filled by the State Government candidates belonging to the Christian minority from the State strictly by the NEET merit list.
The distribution of seats is as follows -
No. of seats*
Vellore Staff Quota
20% State Christian Minority
30% Govt. Quota
4 years 6
months + 1-year internship
Eligibility Criteria –
1. Candidates should have completed 17 years on or before 31st December 2023.
2. All candidates should have obtained minimum marks at the 50th percentile in the NEET-UG 2023 examination.
3. As per TN Government and University guidelines, a candidate for admission to the medical course must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together)/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and 40% aggregate for BC, MBC, SC/ST candidates. (BC/MBC/de-notified community/SC/ST are as defined by the Government of India or any of the States/UTs Govt; all rules are subject to change as per TN Government & University guidelines).
4. For the MBBS course, candidates should have passed all subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Academic) conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board or any other equivalent examination in the same attempt in the subjects. No "improvement marks" for the +2 examination will be considered.
For candidates who have studied abroad, the qualification equivalency, as determined by the Association of Indian Universities, will form the guidelines to determine eligibility. Please note that these are only guidelines,, and candidates who have qualified overseas must contact the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University (see website www.tnmgrmu.ac.in for details).
The selection process –
Selection to the MBBS course in CMC Vellore is made through counseling by the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai. All MBBS applicants must submit their NEET (UG)-2023 score, All India rank,, and roll number at our website.
Selections are based on three broad categories - Open, Minority Network,, and CMC Vellore Staff quota. The selection process/admission will be subject to any orders passed or that may be passed by the Government / University / Professional Councils.
Admission details –
Candidates allotted for MBBS to Christian Medical College, Vellore, by the Tamil Nadu Selection committee must report to the Principal's office, Senate Hall, Carman Block, CMC Campus, Bagayam, within the stipulated time.
The candidates will have to bring the following documents –
1. Allotment letter by the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai
2. Mark/Grade Sheet of the qualifying examination (+2)
3. Pass the Certificate of the qualifying examination
4. NEET UG 2023 Result sheet
5. Course certificate from the Principal of the College/School where you studied for the qualifying examination, showing the course duration and subjects taken.
6. Conduct and character certificate from the Principal of the College/School where you studied last.
7. Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (for candidates who have passed any qualifying examination other than the Higher Secondary course examination, Government of Tamil Nadu).
8. Date of Birth Certificate
9. Community Certificate, if applicable
10. Transfer Certificate
11. Migration Certificate
12. Baptism Certificate and/or Confirmation certificate for Christian Minority candidates
13. Four recent passport-sized color photographs
Fee structure –
1st-year MBBS Fees - 2023 -
One time College fee at Admission
Other Annual Fee
One-time payment to University
Hostel deposit charges are Rs.10000 for men and Rs.8000 for women. The monthly living expenses are Rs.6000 for men and Rs.6000 for women.
To view the notice, click on the link below -