Health Minister, JP Nadda confers Vishisht Chikitsa Ratan Award
Photo- Dr Prem Aggarwal, Senior Cardiologist and founder Medical Dialogues receiving the awardNew Delhi: Doctors Day celebration in the capital saw, the Union health Minister honouring and facilitating many leading medical professionals for their distinguished work in the profession and contribution to the society.Speaking at program, organised by the Delhi Medical Association, Nadda thanked...
New Delhi: Doctors Day celebration in the capital saw, the Union health Minister honouring and facilitating many leading medical professionals for their distinguished work in the profession and contribution to the society.
Speaking at program, organised by the Delhi Medical Association, Nadda thanked the medical profession for working timelessly for the benefits of the patients." Doctors work non-stop hours together, sometimes going on for even more than 36-48 hours together, all the in service of patients. Doctors are the backbone of our healthcare system, and all success that government has achieved in the field has only been possible because of medical practitioners," he said
Pointing out at the importance of communication, he said, " With so much pressure under which doctors are working today, we understand that little time is left for them for effective communication. Understanding this issue, the government is now employing communicators in busy government hospitals, to better the communication between doctors and patients, and help improve the doctor patient relationship."
At a glittering function held at Maulana Azad Medical College, the event saw participation form Union Minister of Culture, Dr Mahesh Sharma and Host of medical luminaries across the capital and country.
On this occasion Nadda also conferred the Vishisht Chikitsa Ratan Award to Senior members from medical field for their outstanding contribution towards the medical profession and in the service society
- Dr Vijay Trehan, Director Professor Cardiology, GB Pant Hospital
- Dr Randeep Guleria, Director, AIIMS
- Dr Ashok Seth, Cardiologist and Director, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
- Dr Balram Bhargava, Director, ICMR
- Dr TS Kler, Leading Electrophysiologist and Head Cardiology, PSRI Hospital
- Dr AS Soin, Liver Transplant Surgeon
- Dr Ajay Kumar, Senior Gastroenterologist, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute,
- Dr Mohan Nair- Senior Cardiologist, Holy Family Hospital,
- Dr NK Aggarwal, Head, Forensic Medicine, GTB Hospital
- Dr KK Aggarwal- Past president, Indian Medical Association
- Dr Ajay Kumar, Senior Uro and Nephro Transplant Surgeon, Patna
- Dr SS Aggarwal, Senior Paediatrician, Jaipur Rajasthan
- Dr Siddharth Ramji, Dean, Maulana Azad Medical College
- Dr Prem Aggarwal, Cardiologist and Founder Medical Dialogues
Besides this, the Union Health Minister, conferred honours of Life Time Achievement Award, to three practicing Nanogenerians ( more than 90 years) doctors. These include Dr.J.S. Guleria, Dr G.P. Seth, Dr. M.G. Abbott and Dr. M.L. Dang
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Ashwani Goyal, President, DMA said that our doctors are making the nation proud with their outstanding and dedicated medical services as India is becoming the hub of medical excellence for the nation and whole world. He complimented the doctors for their academic achievements in the medical field alongwith their zeal to serve the humanity and in the various programmes of the government.
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.